Hybrid View

micro condensers

with the price of copper going up, i have decided to actually buy a premade condenser but looking around for standard air cooled types it seems they do not come in a small size (smallest i found 36x48 at united refrigeration)

i seen some people use saws to cut up larger units, and tbh i don't want to take that route so anyone know who makes smaller condenser units that are made of copper?

secondly would heater cores work as a condenser solution or will it not be enough to liquify the refrigerant?

Re: micro condensers

There's an austrian company making condensers up from forged aluminum plates all packed together. I can't remember the name right now.

I have build a water cooling system for my computer, (cpu, gfx, bridge, hdd,). And when i came to the condenser i had the same problem. All i could find where too big. So i made my own, it was much cheaper. I also made it in pure cu. Instead of cu/alu. It made quite a differens.

Quote Originally Posted by ConDor View Post
    I have build a water cooling system for my computer, (cpu, gfx, bridge, hdd,). And when i came to the condenser i had the same problem. All i could find where too big. So i made my own, it was much cheaper. I also made it in pure cu. Instead of cu/alu. It made quite a differens.

how much did it set you back? my price for copper 4'x8' sheets @ 28 gauge is $200 CAD

I bought the sheets (about 1m2) from a junkyard, and it cost me about 50$. It only needed a bit of polishing, and it was as good as new. The pipes i got for free (from my job)

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, are any of you USA people knowledgeable about a source of good condensers on the smaller side of things?

When I need a medium or large condenser I have a source, but nothing in the 140-160mm range.