Question They never come back

Hi, all

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ead.php?t=7813

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post

We have had a good discussion going here, but I'm wondering what happened to the original RE member who started this thread.:(

Me too

So many times I noticed some members ask question and then never ever come back for unknown reason.

People do not understand, each of us need some free time to make an answer, explanation or find and post a link to some other page or information.

What do you think about?

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Re: They never come back

Welcome back Josip. I hope your business trip was successful.

This question has always bothered me. The mod's spend a lot of time trying to help with answers and the original person who starts the process simply disappears.

I suppose the best part of any replies made is that others can take advantage of the material, even though the original poster lost interest. Must be attention deficit syndrome?
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Nope, I think that they are just plain rude.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi everybody,

I think apart from "basic manners", the thread aim is lost. I mean when a question is raised and several answers are given then nobody knows how the problem was solved. If the thread (specially trouble shooting) is carried out till the solution is found then every reader will benefit.

Cheers
    Even Einstein Asked Questions

For my 2 cents worth; I think members like myself ( who are not qualified as refrig engineers) might ask for solutions for a problem and then after might just frequently sign on and just read new postings.
    I must say that all of you have been very helpful and I have learned a lot from you. Most of the questions posted here are beyond my qualifications to answer. I am just maintaining a system but yet have learned to explain a problem properly to our contracted service company by giving specific information such as saturated temperatures, percent FLA, etc, pertaining to error codes where most of minor problems have been handled over the phone. Once again thank you and do not feel you are not appreciated.....

Hi, Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
    For my 2 cents worth; I think members like myself ( who are not qualified as refrig engineers) might ask for solutions for a problem and then after might just frequently sign on and just read new postings.
    I must say that all of you have been very helpful and I have learned a lot from you. Most of the questions posted here are beyond my qualifications to answer. I am just maintaining a system but yet have learned to explain a problem properly to our contracted service company by giving specific information such as saturated temperatures, percent FLA, etc, pertaining to error codes where most of minor problems have been handled over the phone. Once again thank you and do not feel you are not appreciated.....
    Thanks for your kind letter . We are here to ask questions and if we can also to give some answers too, just to help each other. It is not in question to wait if somebody will or will not say thanks.

Also giving some suggestion we are waiting for feedback to see if that was of some help or not...maybe that problem he/they solved in some other way...so we can learn also something new.

Simply, it is maybe about feeling is that person present and has some interest to get some help, not only to throw a bone and look at wolfs fighting about.

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman
    I suppose the best part of any replies made is that others can take advantage of the material, even though the original poster lost interest.
    Agree with you US Iceman, but still feel kinda a stupid, like talking into wind...(is this good expression?)

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

I agree with you. It would feel nice to know that your time and effort has been appreciated and it possibly helped someone with a problem..

i do the same as giovanni i read more than i comment on, sometimes if i feel i have a valid comment i will jion in but mostly i read and learn, there are some very smart people on this site, i take my hat off to you all.

Id also agree with you both on that. Id imagine many people on the sitelook through the posts and if in any way they can help they would but we are not all as clued up (yet) as some of the more experienced guys, but we are all greatful for the help and advice that we receive

This has been going on since the internet was first around. It always frustrates me when advice is given and you never know if it helped resolved a posters problem or not. We all could learn alot more if the results were posted instead of guessing. JMHO

Must be human nature. Sometimes happens at work too! Someone calls with a problem - I
    they're give free advice - we ask for feedback ..... then nothing.
    Either bad manners - or they've been given some really crap advice. Either way, it's not a great incentive to help people.

This is about equivalent to spending two days writing a proposal for work, only to never hear from them again, or

You are either:

1. too high in price
    2. just a little high in price
    3. you are pretty close to what we want to pay
    or,....

you get the job and find out you were the lowest cost proposal.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

analog Guest

Sometimes they do come back (to quote a Stephen King novel, Pet Semetary)

Good to see you have gone "International" Abs.

I trust our little American trysts have no bearing on this front.

You guys may join together to ban me in every american forum, but Prince Charles, Tony Blair, and Queen Elizabeth all agree to let me stay, lol.