Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing

Re: Fishing

Hi superswill
    Carp are a pest in Aust, if we catch them we are not allowed to put them back. They make garden fertilizer out of them these days. They call them the rabbits of the rivers and thats another pest (rabbits).
    Give me the ocean any day beach, rock or boat, doesn't matter, a few beers and peace and quiet what could be better.
    Paul

Used to do loads of coarse fishing when I was younger. The only chance I get these days is when I go away on holiday so I pick camp sites in France with rivers or lakes.
    After 6 years without a holiday (times have been tough) I plan to go back to a little campsite in France (Lemiuel - Dordogne region). Two rivers converge, fast flowing, barble & trout abound. 6 years ago I caught 12 barble on Gruiyer cheese in one eveining session. Best was 12lbs.
    Looking forward to a relaxing 2 week holiday doing the same thing this year. Only problem is the £ vs the Euro is **** and dieel prices are through the roof. Oh well, my sanity has a price come what may.
    If in doubt read the instructions. If still in doubt follow them.

i,M a mad Piker/musky fisherman i live in scotland and fish for one single species and that is esox lucius (pike)

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrocer View Post
    Used to do loads of coarse fishing when I was younger. The only chance I get these days is when I go away on holiday so I pick camp sites in France with rivers or lakes.
    After 6 years without a holiday (times have been tough) I plan to go back to a little campsite in France (Lemiuel - Dordogne region). Two rivers converge, fast flowing, barble & trout abound. 6 years ago I caught 12 barble on Gruiyer cheese in one eveining session. Best was 12lbs.
    Looking forward to a relaxing 2 week holiday doing the same thing this year. Only problem is the £ vs the Euro is **** and dieel prices are through the roof. Oh well, my sanity has a price come what may.
    Ok guys thought I would update this old post with some evidence. Didn't quite top the 12 pounder I caught a few years ago but this barble (1 of 32 in total over 2 weeks) was great fun on light tackle. Scenary was as good as I remembered too.
    £vsEuro & $ is even worse now so not sure if we will make it away anywhere this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If in doubt read the instructions. If still in doubt follow them.

Hello, fellow fisherman here. I used to fish allot on the river Thames as a kid near Chertsey. Become a teenager and forgot about fishing and fished for girls, found girls boring (sort of) and returned back to coarse fishing in my 30s and I never realised how much I missed it. Im still in the middle of catching up with the times of hair rigs and stuff, the problem is, I catch a few nice fish but spend most of my time on a private lake hand feeding a Robin maggots and missing the fish lol.... tight lines y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Yes Frank....you've just confirmed that, you are, well and truly, a thick fu*ker! A Chub is a fish....Chubb make door locks...LOL
    quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eyup chaps any one been to decoy and kingsland turves in peterbourgh quality fishing!!!!!! pity the trent is not as good as years gone by!
    tight lines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12