For starters, ya gotta love all that bright clean ductwork conveniently located, large enough to crawl through, never buckling from the weight, no turning vanes, fans, or coils to get in the way....

Favorite refrigeration movie has to be Mosquito Coast with Harrison Ford building an absorption ammonia system in the jungle, lighting a fire under the building and having perfect blocks of ice slide out with no one filling or emptying molds... talk about special effects! And his "Swiss Family Robinson meets Industrial Ammonia" A/C system is a hoot! (Okay, the rest of the movie is harder to watch, except the de rigueur ammonia explosions!)

Favorite A/C movie: Brazil with Robert DeNiro as the renegade "heating engineer", especially his wonderful speech about why he got into the business: "...in and out quick... adventure...." just before he snaps onto his zip line and launches himself off the building, one step ahead of the slow and vindictive government heating engineers (Bob Hoskins & ?)

(When I give a talk to school kids considering the field, I bring along a tape of Brazil cued up to the beginning of the thermostat scene and show it through to DeNiro's zip line exit. That way they can see the trade the way I do!)

Anybody else got a favorite??

Rog