I've just joined today and unfortunately I have found I'm not alone in thinking Daikin's technical support stinks... even here in Australia!!!

I installed a Split system (Ceiling mounted ducted type) in Nov last year. The cooling and heating works but does not have climate "control" capabilities. As I'm not getting any support from my installer or Daikin themselves I have decided to attempt to problem diagnose myself. Hopefully Daikin will help if I given them the resolution . To make matters worse, Daikin Australia's website is crapola. Not only will they not give me the codes but you can't download any technical info. Actually, there is no "log in" functionality on their website. This does not help when I have model numbers that noone else is using anywhere else. Is that because I'm Ozzy or do I have the latest everything... don't know!

I have a 16kW outdoor unit (FDY16LV1) and a new 7 day timer remote controller (BRC1D61 which is similar to BRC1D527). I have two other termometers next to the controller to measure accuracy of controller.

Issue 1: When I have cooling only turned on the unit seems to maintain a temperature which is 2 degrees cooler than the actual room temp. For example, when it is actually 21 the controller is measuring 23 according to Code 41-1. Is this normal? I have set it to measure from remote controller using 10-2-01 and 50-0-01 (given to me by Daikin)

Issue 2: I have set the indoor fan to cycle with outdoor fan using 11-2-02. This works for cooling only but when heating it doesn't switch off with the outdoor fan. This means when it is set to 23 it heats to 23.6 but then blows cold air until it hits 20.9 and then starts to heat again. Shouldn't this setting apply to heating as well?

Issue 3: When I use any auto mode the mixture of both previous issue means the temperature is + or - 2 degrees of the set temp. How do I change the setpoint temperature? Is it possible?

Any hints or tips are appreciated. Daikin will not give me all of the possible codes, just some. And these codes alway change depending on who I get at their tech support.