Thread: airwell ac!!!!!

Angry airwell ac!!!!!

hi get a call that unit is leaking ; airwell spilt kx45 i think, indoor unit froze up defrosted and got unit running on cooling 15psi suction and 120 head, placed on cooling suction shot up to 455psi and heat blasting out, unit running on 407c. while working at this unit noticed the unit beside me was runing funny also 55psi on cooling but when put onto heating head went off the scale over 500psi! any ideas ive tried lots please help asap

Re: airwell ac!!!!!

forgot to add these airwells have lg COMPS

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Sounds like non-condensibles in the systems.

Sorry, forgot to ask, was the leak fixed and the unit vacced out again before recharge?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi thebigcheese,

I suggest that you put the unit in cooling mode and take all he readings. Then put it in heating mode then take the readings again.
    LP , HP, SH , SC, Ait temp. in and out of the indoor unit, ambient temperature.

These can help to diagnose the fault.
    Cheers
    Even Einstein Asked Questions

think i got it sorted there is a flow device fitted on the licquid line ithink for on heating, checked it today and there was some dirt in the inside if it , as for the other unit it only ever runs on heating so just left it alone

thanks for all the replys ps leaking from flare and blew through with nitro then vacced