Thread: r421a

r421a

How about the r421a? It's almost same as r22.

I hear...I forget;I see...I remember;I do...I understand

Re: r421a

There are other replacements for R22, like R421B, R422D, R426A, R424A. Unfortunately, the availability is almost nil, as well as the suitable components.

Hi Lc_shi
    I have been using R417A as a replacement for R22 refrigerant in air conditioning systems. There is no need to replace the mineral oil in the system with synthetic oil as R417A is compatible with the existing mineral oil in the R22 system. The R417A has however a glide of about 8 deg kelvin. It has a high critical temperature which is also suitable for heatpump applications. I buy the refrigerant through heatcraft in Australia. It is an "A-Gas" product.

im working towards replacing R22 with an sutible refrigerant but the project im working on is huge, including 10's of medium and low temp cases. Ive spent countless hours researching R417A and R421A and these seem like a possible solution. Can anyone Help me out with any other surgestions? cheers

Hi Have you had a look at RS45(r434a)it is a replacement for r22 in low and med temp applications and a/c

Heres the data sheets

http://www.refsols.com/RS-45.html

Have fun
    If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Damo

Thumbs up Re: r421a

thanks alot, thats defernetly saved me time, and the COP's better than most choices ive researched

rmsgas Guest

Brad we have some experience in R421A in medium and low temp rack systems. I also have used a lot of R417a in the past. email contact info and I 'll help

Quote Originally Posted by brad__34 View Post
    im working towards replacing R22 with an sutible refrigerant but the project im working on is huge, including 10's of medium and low temp cases. Ive spent countless hours researching R417A and R421A and these seem like a possible solution. Can anyone Help me out with any other surgestions? cheers

rmsgas Guest

R421a in rack systems is working fine for medium and low temp