Repair Coplametic 6RA4 discharge valves

I am having trouble removing head cover plate on Coplametic 6RA compressor in order to replace valve plate. All bolts are loose. Do I just pry at it? (Yes, refrigerant is recovered, no pressure)

Re: Repair Coplametic 6RA4 discharge valves

The gaskets are probably holding the valve plate on. You might have to use a small chisel and hammer to tap the valve plate to break the gasket.

Be careful with this. I seem to remember there being a couple of dowel pins that hold the plate in position on the compressor head.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Hello bvis leave two head bolts in the body slightly done up and then use a copper mallet to strike couple of blows in the centre of the head and it should come apart. be careful not damage the suction reed vavle pins.

If there is an unloader on this head, the two bolts that hold it go all the way through to the compressor body and have to be removed before the rest will come free.

Yes, I realize the original poster has either completed the repair or scrapped the compressor by now. Just adding this for future readers.
    Last edited by Triggerman; 14-04-2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Hello,

Welcome from Belgium.

If you post a question with the units you’re used to work with, place between brackets the other units. So if you normally work with SI units (bar, °C, m³/h..), place then between these units the proper IP units.

You can do the conversion with a free software program Uconeer
    You can find it on http://www.katmarsoftware.com/uconeer.htm#download
    Or you can use the spreadsheet of Dan posted on http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...0617#post50617 post 6.

When you have a technical problem, try to post as many as possible readings you have made. You will see that we need many times condensing and evaporating pressure; discharge, suction, evaporator outlet and condenser outlet temperatures. Try to measure these very accurate.
    The better you measure these, the better we can help you.

Note also band names, types of all the items installed in the installation.

I hope that you stay a long time with us and that you can contribute to expand this forum.

Peter

PS There's a special section 'New to RE' to introduce yourself
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.