Thread: Gram Compressor

Gram Compressor

I have recently come across a site with a number of Gram compressors, not having had much experience with Gram can anyone help me out with the best places to get info, parts and s/h compressors

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy
    Pootle, it may be a silly question but are these Gram units actually made by Gram or have they stuck their label over the actual compressor manufacturers name?

Also I believe they are Italian ??, if so, why not get a better one anyway
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

The UK agency is now with Sabroe UK (formerly York Refrigeration, formerly Sabroe......) who can be found at their usual place in Birmingham. The technical advice person now resides there.

Sabroe will also supply the spares, ditto manuals, but I cannot comment on other sources.

I understand that after the York \ Sabroe merger, takeover or whatever happened, Gram compressors were "rationalised", i.e. they stopped making them.

Having a couple of Gram machines on a large A\C plant, I hope the spares situation does not deteriorate too soon

Steve

Hi, Brian. Gram are Danish and at one time a rival to Sabroe, quite a good industrial compressor and well worth fitting. I to hope the spare are still available as they were the first recip I ever stripped and I still have a fondness for them.
    Regards. Andy.
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

York did "rationalize both Gram but they should still have spares available. I heard about a contact in South Africa who may be able to help with spares & Rebuilt compressors.
    Try Buchu@yebo.co.za

Gram are good compressors for instant is the GSVII series with Grammatic 2505 control probably the best Gram. The control offers much more the for instant Sabroe Unisab.

Grammatic 2500 is a Frick Control. Made in the USA. The former Gram company was/is owned by York USA

Sabroeclaus Guest

Re: Gram Compressor

If you need any Gram parts we can supply if you have problems finding anywhere.
    visit www.reftech.dk

Quote Originally Posted by Sabroeclaus
    If you need any Gram parts we can supply if you have problems finding anywhere.
    visit www.reftech.dk

You can supply parts in the Philippines? I need Shaft seal of the Compressor.

Blog Entries

York supplies most Gram spares...

In Europe, I believe for any discontinued product, the manufacturer is obliged to have spares in stock for a minimum of five years, and be able to supply spares for a minimum of ten years.

If you could supply us with what it says on the product plate, I believe we could do more then just make suggestions
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Hi Pootle

Check with YORK@Johnson Control for parts for GRAM. But if you require manuals , I have with me the HC/HCL/HCS manuals. If you need it, email me, its content 1.78 MB.

Hi, Pootle, Deecool

Quote Originally Posted by Pootle
    I have recently come across a site with a number of Gram compressors, not having had much experience with Gram can anyone help me out with the best places to get info, parts and s/h compressors
    Maybe you can visit this and see what you need:

http://www.sabroe.dk/
    https://www.refparts.york.com/

Best regards,

Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Hi,
    I worked for a company down in West London that had approx. 40 Gram screws, a mixture of GST's & GSV's. We always got spares through Sabroe in Birmingham no problem. Also, as I was leaving they started to do service exchanges for us. They started off providing one for us, then used the bodies we were sending back.

Very good compressors by the way.

Dexter Guest

We have been selling Gram compressors and parts since 1981, if you give a model and serial number of the compressor, I can help you with the shaft seal that you need if it's not too late

Hi Dexter,
    Would appreciate if you could give me Overhauling Spare parts price for following:

Two units Gram HCT 8100
    Serial no: (1) 77-610-0080-195
    Serial no: (2) 77-610-0080-196
    Refrigerant: R 717
    Year manufactured: 1995

We were ask to supply parts and overhauling.

Have tried finding price from local guys and also from reftech but no quote till now.

For any additional inquiry please email me at winfred.dela@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

tonychiefbay Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    We have been selling Gram compressors and parts since 1981, if you give a model and serial number of the compressor, I can help you with the shaft seal that you need if it's not too late
    Hello,Iam looking for complete Gram compressor type HC 8/75 with electric motor . Probably second hand .About 2 years old onwards . Do well to send me your quotations . Thanking you in advance and hopping to hear from you soon. Regards, Tony

First;
    Welcome to the Forum Dexter
    Is Rick G still there?

Second;
    I have worked with the company Dexter is employed by in the past. I can recommend them highly.

Hi,

Gram was building screw compressor under Frick license, so depending of where you are you can contact a Frick supplier or York/JCI supplier.

I highly recommend this web site :
    refparts.york.com

very good for York, Stal, Sabroe, Gram parts

who have information about gram compressor.
    Thanks!

Hi,
    Gram recip compr. is Sabroe recip compr. and Stal recip. compre is one done by Sabroe. They have cross reference on each model. York/JCI will accomodate you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulazman View Post
    Hi Pootle

Check with YORK@Johnson Control for parts for GRAM. But if you require manuals , I have with me the HC/HCL/HCS manuals. If you need it, email me, its content 1.78 MB.
    I have got a Gram compressor HC 4075 1999 Could u send me the details about this compressor and the manual an other thing can i use this compressor with ammonia.
    my email is tosalmans@hotmail.com
    thank you

ficteixeira Guest

I have got a Gram compressor Could u send me the manual to Grammatic 1502 control

Hi Guys

I know the original thread is very old but here is the history as i understand it.

Brodrene Gram (Gram Brothers) was a Danish family company manufacturing domestic, commercial and industrial refrigeration equipment.

It was dispanded as a group by a private equity company when they hit problems (mid 80's).

The domestic division was sold to a Polish company and is still manfacturing their for the Nordic markets.

Idustrial was sold to York with the eventual closier of compressor production.
    The recips were their own make and design which competed with Sabroe, the screws were Frick.

And the commercial food service cabinets continue to be produced from the original factory at Vojens in Denmark.

Ficteixeira - I was given an operation and maintenence manual for the 1502 so will e-mail over.

Sturt.

ficteixeira Guest

My e-mail
    ficteixeira@hotmail.com

thank you

esa sitompul Guest

Hi, i have Gram Compressor HCT 6100. The Compressor always problem : Low Oil Pressure. When i start, oil pressure 3-4 bars, but then will decrease until below 2 bars, then compressor will stop. What is cause of this problem ? Pls help me. Tq

What kind of oil you use, mineral or synthetic.

Hi I have had some experience with Gram Comps and depending on the model depends where I go for parts some models are not ecenomically servicable and some are other compressors with Gram badges

try Fox refrigeration or CDS refrigeration for parts
    give me a shout if you need anything more

Ben

rattis Guest

Oilpressureproblems, check the oilfilter if the pressure dercreases rapidly, and the oil temp if it decreases slowly and if the oil is very hot check the internal reliefvalve
    We have some used and some new parts as well as some complete recip units both single and 2-stage.
    all for sale

marlboroman81 Guest

Hello!
    I have spare parts for compressor gram hc 8125 for sale.
    For all information contact us by e mail
    iggy-p@hotmail.com