mojonnier carbo cooler common system

Hi everyone,
    Does any one have any idea/solution for this problem.

I had 3 softdrinks bottling lines in one plant. Line 1, line2 & line 3. And each line has a vilter reciprocating compressor which installed totaly separate. What I did is I put them in common, suction & discharge.
    My problem is sometimes I dont get liquid in one of the carbo cooler so the temp of beverage rise up.
    One of the carbo cooler is flooded type the other two is injector type.

Thanks

Re: mojonnier carbo cooler common system

If the compressors are in a parallel arrangement for suction and discharge, I am assuming the condensers are are connected in a parallel arrangment also.

How were the receiver(s) re-piped to supply liquid to the carbo coolers?

It sounds like your liquid is disappearing in the system and not reaching the carbo coolers sufficiently to maintain cooling. That tells me the liquid ammonia is "hanging up" somewhere.

Is the liquid level disappearing from the receiver(s) when this happens.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Hi US ICEMAN,
    The liquid reciever has no problem there's always ammonia, I'm using only one reciever and condenser's are all in parallel. is there any problem on being different system (lnjector type & flooded type)? Can you give me idea for the sequence of the compressor? load, unload, start & stop of the compressor's for this set up.

Thanks

I can't imagine why the two different feed methods would be operate differently. Both use high-pressure liquid right?

Which carbo cooler is acting funny? The one that is flooded or the others?

Is the cooler that is running warm the one farthest away from the receiver?

Is the liquid level in the receiver constant, or does it fluctuate? I've seen these go from empty to almost full very quickly.

The systems I have seen are operated off of suction pressure, but the compressors almost always have 100% capacity reduction if the bottling line stops.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

I have had alot of experience with carbo coolers. I service them in New Zealand and overseas. Some of stand alone ones are a critcical charge system ( usually the injector style)and require modifing before they can go onto a common system. A liquid level managerment system has to installed on each one. This require a level switch wired to a liquid level solenoid which will activate whenever the mix pump is going. If you require any detailed info send me a PM and I will see if I can help you further.

Regards

Mike W

halcon Guest

Hi, everyone
    Somebody would be able to tell me where can I get the Operation's Manual of the Mojonnier carbo cooler model 10-14?
    Thanks.

Hi

It seems, wet and dry suction circuit is in messed up

mctavara

m.afiq Guest

hi

Does anyone know how to determine the consumption of ammonia for one carbo-cooler. And how many reciprocating compressor is needed to supply 1 carbocooler

thnks

Andrew Peller Guest

Hello,

I am also looking for an operating or maintenance manual for a Mojonnier Carbo Cooler model 14-60.

thanks

nick_s Guest

Hello everyone

I work in a bottling plant with 4 of the lines having mojonnier carbo cooler systems as well as fol mix systems. the problem is that all of the units were purchased used from buying houses as we have no direct contact with the manufacturer.

Does anyone have any contacts for mojonnier or sccess to their manuals?