Just sharing a morning on the docks

Just thought some might enjoy seeing what the NH3 guys do.
    We are replacing a 29 year old condenser sitting over salt water in a Ice Plant. The condenser sits inside the building.
    The dock would no longer bear the weight of a mobile crane, so we brought in a floating one.
    Unfortunatley, after a beautiful day yesterday, we were greeted by Gale Force winds this morning.
    After the crane left the wind blew the barge onto a mud flat, leaving the tug stuck. Of course a newspaper reporter drove by and got pictures of the tug chewing up the botom trying to get loose. Probably killed some sand shrimp.
    They don't pay me enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Just sharing a morning on the docks

But did you get some fishing in ?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

No fun fishing in these winds, although it has died down a good bit, and I am looking at that 50 foot sailboat tied up on the next dock. It looks like it wants to go out. I wonder if the owner would mind?
    However the Restaurant next door does sell Mirror Pond Pale Ale in 42 ounce glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by NH3LVR
    However the Restaurant next door does sell Mirror Pond Pale Ale in 42 ounce glasses.
    That will help you to weld straight lines when you hook-up the new condenser.
    If all else fails, ask for help.