Thread: White Oil

Arrow White Oil

Could someone please give me info on white oil. Used in R22 system with Copeland hermetic recip compressor aprox 35 kwr @ +5 `C evap and +35 `C cond, commercial a/c system here in australia.

Re: White Oil

Interesting thread

Never come accross white oil before unless a lot of moisture in the system. had a look in the local wholesalers, nothing obvious there. That reminds me i better go and change the oil in my vac pump

Regards

Raymond

didnt manurope use to call there oil that ? probley a semi synthetic similar to shell SD.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I think suniso 3gs is an equivalent oil for copeland white oil, and maneurope white oil. Last can of 3gs i bought had a little sticker on it saying copeland approved or some such. Was once told by local wholesalers tech department that 3gs was ok if the compressors were out of warranty but proper own brand oil was needed in the warranty period.
    I've got four hermetics running on 3gs after replacing leaky oil sightglasses so i hope its ok

Cheers Jon

Back in the good old days when I pulled wrenches I used 3GS on any Copeland recip. (Discus or reed valve type), Carlyle, Dunham-Bush, etc. and never had any problems or complaints.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Probably the same oil as Whitrex that Mobil used to make.

Yes got shell to check it out. Suniso 3GS will do just fine. Good weather for a beer down here in aussie.

dont forget 3GS is mineral,not suitable for temps below -20 on some gases, about the best one to keep on the van though for CFc,S, general use.

Hi .
    what happen to that oil in lower -20 ?and which substitution do u recommend?

pirestani
    S.P

it will be the wrong viscosity, too thin and will not run around the system propely, may collect in the evaporator and not return to the compressor, there are other grades in the same range, 4GS,5GS, etc,just read the selection on the back of the container.

A little late...

The mineral oil have substances than can floculate at this temperature for that it is better to use sintetic oils, you wont see it in a sintetic oils.

While you may still be talking about it has anyone heard about it waxing up expansion valves? Had a problem in aussi.

Thanks a lot to everyone so far. I have found that the units were running to hot with a high pressure differential breaking the oil down and turning the ester oil to acid. The wax residue turned out to be something in this break down process.

TRASH101 is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Technomad

You should start a new thread for your question as most people will overlook this old one.

If you go to the main forum page and look for the appropriate section, I am sure someone will answer your question.

Welcome to the forum