R410a Manifolds?

Is there such a thing as "quick release" R410a gauge manifolds?

I have been working on a R410a install job and have noticed that after a vac out and once the gas is let into the system on a pre charged toshiba system the pressure once i undo the gauge lines is very high! i cant seem to undo them quick enough seem to loose a fair bit of refrige too?

Any tips?

Re: R410a Manifolds?

All major fridge suppliers (HRP, D&W, CC) stock quick couplers.
    Normally works OK, JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ONES FOR R410a

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

You should, as a minimum, being using gauge lines with ball valves.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

ihave quick seal adapters on my r410 lines but they are different than 22 etc but the pressure will still be in the lines and not loosing loads like u said cant get it off wuick enough i think i got mine from rpw thanks alot

Still trying to get what was mentioned...
    Short pipes and some screw ons allow adjustment of the valve pusher with care.

Always take off the line operating at a lower pressure.
    On cooling: suction line
    Then change to heating ... wait ... runs ... and then liquid line.
    That way the pressure will be lower than that of the refrigerant at ambient temperature, with R410, it's no joke.

Iv also got a set of quick release 410 for my guage lines, think they cost me 10pounds each so they arent cheap but there worth their weight in gold. you can also get them in a 90deg for them hard to get to service ports

Just an idea....have no way of knowing if this works...so it's more of a question. Do they have short charging hoses with a shut off within a few inches or 75 mm's? You could shut the high side of the gauges off and slowly feed the ref. back into the low side...I do this with R-22 on my gauges so you lose bare minimum of ref. plus it eliminates the liquid in the charging line so when you take it off you only get a short release just a little worse than suction line. Don't know about 410-A very much will have to learn soon though so if this isn't possible sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    Just an idea....have no way of knowing if this works...so it's more of a question. Do they have short charging hoses with a shut off within a few inches or 75 mm's? You could shut the high side of the gauges off and slowly feed the ref. back into the low side...I do this with R-22 on my gauges so you lose bare minimum of ref. plus it eliminates the liquid in the charging line so when you take it off you only get a short release just a little worse than suction line. Don't know about 410-A very much will have to learn soon though so if this isn't possible sorry.
    BigJOhn, I do it the same way with the quick couplers but the suction on R410 a is still high when running (+/- 7 bar or 100 psi)
    Only possible solution is pumping down, removing manifold and then opening valves again.
    That's how I learn it the students in the evening classes.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    BigJOhn, I do it the same way with the quick couplers but the suction on R410 a is still high when running (+/- 7 bar or 100 psi)
    Only possible solution is pumping down, removing manifold and then opening valves again.
    That's how I learn it the students in the evening classes.
    I like the proceedures in the previous two posts: however, care must be taken not to oversuck the lines to below atmosphere pressure and I forsee difficulty in the shutting of valves while getting the machine to stop - especially with inverter/electronic controlled units (with no outdoor switch) . Usually I just loosen the relay/compressor cable to stop pumping down, but on a ladder up 3m outside in wind with your meters , tools etc, risking an electric shock - it is easier said than done .
    Practice makes perfect

No outdoor switch! Is that not illegal?

No outdoor switch! Is that not illegal?
    We are talking Spain Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tony