Smile relocating to New Zealand

Hi there,
    I am thinking of moving to New Zealand and was wondering what the best way to find work would be.
    I have spoken to a couple of agancies but do not think that this is the best route.
    Does anybody have any sound advicw for me as to how to go about finding work. Also, what the average salary is as I have been told several different figures.
    Cheers

Re: relocating to New Zealand

Hi Sid

There have been many discussions on this topic before. Rather than go over them again, perhaps you could use the "Search" button at the top and read the previous threads.

If these don't answer all your questions, maybe some of our "ASHES" winning friends could give some insight.

Hi Sid,

Found this on the net.
    http://www.seek.co.nz/jobsearch/inde...archfrom=quick

Worth sending some emails. Also looked on the foreign office web site. Some very good info on the country. I didn't know that last year 22400 Brits went to stay for good.

Let us know how you get on.

fridgemeister Guest

G,day Sid, Im currently in same position as you regarding wanting to go to N.Z. Already been working there once about 4 years ago. Now want to go back again. Would recommend if you need more points going on seek nz and apply to the recruitment companies. I sent 5 emails off and got replys to all. Had phone interview and got a job. As for wages been told around $30 in big cities and $21 - $25 in other regions dependant on getting A and B electrical ticket.

Good Luck

Thompsons Guest

Sid
    I am the operations manager for a refrigeration company in the south island of nz. We have successfully settled 2 overseas tradesmen in to our company.
    I would be happy to answer any questions on this issue. We also could do with another ammonia tech if you know any.
    Thompsons.

Hi, there is a shortage of fridgys where I live in Palmerston North. You could try Cowley Refrigeration because I have heard they only have one qualified tradesman. Might not be the best place to work but it could be a start. They bought out a company I worked for 6 years ago, I have worked for myself for the last 4 years. Good luck.

Would any be willing to take on a very technicaly oriantated aprentice? I admite I'll be a bit of work and be mostly an in shop guy to start (Need to get a drivers liscance as of yet) But would offer only top quality work!

Quote Originally Posted by The MG Pony View Post
    Would any be willing to take on a very technicaly oriantated aprentice? I admite I'll be a bit of work and be mostly an in shop guy to start (Need to get a drivers liscance as of yet) But would offer only top quality work!
    In the Uk or NZ?

I was aiming for Nz, as I have a friend there, and I can only afford 1 move like this, No risk no reward as I all ways say. I'll all ways take stability over a huge pay check, so long as it meets my needs and pays the bills I'm happy.

Nanban Guest

Hey I am new to RE hmmmm looks good thanks for you all guys. Keep cool