shwetanshusinha Guest

Refrigeration system design..

Hi i am new to this field.. Can anyone help me with some materials on design of a refrigeration system..
    Basically the compressor, condensor, and evaporator coil length, and cap tube sizing...

Re: Refrigeration system design..

Hi, Shwetanshusinha

Welcome to RE.

Quote Originally Posted by shwetanshusinha View Post
    Hi i am new to this field.. Can anyone help me with some materials on design of a refrigeration system..
    Basically the compressor, condensor, and evaporator coil length, and cap tube sizing...
    Please, try to read threads and you will find many links (to calculators, software tools, etc...) and advices how to do something.

No need to say you must have some basic (not only basic) knowledge or read some books about.

You can start here:

http://www.danfoss.com/Pacific/Busin...+Materials.htm

http://www.danfoss.com/Pacific/Busin...tion+Tools.htm

http://www.danfoss.com/NR/rdonlyres/...DirCalc114.zip

Then come back with exact problem where we can try to help you

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

hi shweta..
    sounds u r new to HVAC..well josip is right ..go thru all the threads n it will help u a lot...
    by d way u r working in which company??

Hello Shwetanshusinha,

Welcome to RE. What type of a refrigeration system you propose to design. There are lots of informations available in the forum and you will also geta lot of help.

If you can be more specific, then it will become easy to help.

Hi

I agree with what is said above. If you read the posts here, there sure is a lot to learn.
    Spend the time reading, try to understand the problems and solutions put forward here. It is like a crash course in refrigeration troubleshooting.

Hi, I am also new in the field and I have the same problem as shwetanshusinha.
    I'm trying to desing a refrigeration system where I can achieve an evaporator temperature of 4 degree celcius.
    I also want to have a double condenser were one of it is enclosed in a cabinet. I'll also want to achieve a temperature of 80 degree celsius in that cabinet.
    I am also looking for arefigerant which is enviromental friendly, a perfect replacement for R12 as well as how to determine the lenth of my capillary tube. Thanks

I also want to have a double Condenser were one of it is enclosed in a cabinet. I'll also want to achieve a temperature of 80 degree celsius in that cabinet.
    Peter, are you attempting to both heat and cool two different areas? This makes me think of a heat pump application. if you could be more precise in your description it would help us to advise.

Hi there! Firstly you have to work out the heat load you require to remove no this can be achieved in a few ways... the best way is to consult you local refrigeration supplier as they have all the required software and can design a system to suit your needs. But.. you will need to give them some specs to help them out. U need to supply the size of the room to be refrigerated in dimensions and the product you wish to cool, including the volume and type of product and the temperature entering the room. you will also need to supply the required temp and pull down times... i.e +20 product down to -18 in 12 hours. from that they can calculate the required hp to do the job. It's all about the HP!

Hi Peter Otanwa,

Please be more specific about you requirement. The size of the room, the temperature required, usage of the room, if products are to be stored what are the product and their quantities etc. has to be provided.

I am actually attempting to both heat and cool two different areas using a part of my condenser and my evaporator respectively. Assuming the cooling and heating cabinet to be a cube of about 1.5 foot. The purpose of the cooling cabinet is to preserve fresh fruits and vegitables at a temperature of about 4 degree C, while that of the heating cabinet is to keep cooked and baked food worm at a temperature of about 60 degree C.
    We may also assume the initial temperature of the room as well as the ambient air temperature to be 30 degree C.
    My local refrigeration suppliers in the part of the country where I reside do not have softwares to cope with designs of refrigeration systems. They dont even work with datas of this nature. Most of the work they undertake is the construction of exsisting refrigeration systems using mainly R12 or R22 as refrigerants for refrigeration and airconditioning systems respectively.

Hi,
    Can you provide the following details.

weight of the products
    Time period(Pull down time)

Hence we can calculate the load required.
    Then we can go for the system design.

Best regards,
    ravi perumal

You may assume the load to be 10TR. Thanks.

Considering that the size of the cabinet is 1.5 ft. x 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft, I fail to understand that how have you arrived at a load of 10 TR. Since the temperature inside the Cooling Area is to be maintained at 4 Deg. C, the Te should be about -3 Deg. C. Please intimate the products and its quantity, the incoming temperature of the product and the pull down time that you propose to maintain. Further what is the ambient temperature in summer, monsson and in winter.

You may assume 10 liters of water at 40 degree celsius to be cooled to 4 degree celsius in 40 minutes. Assume an ambient temperature of 30 degree celsius.

You may assume 10 liters of water at 40 degree celsius to be cooled to 4 degree celsius in 40 minutes. Assume an ambient temperature of 30 degree celsius.

Sweattansi... A simple 'thank you' for those who helped you should be nice and the least you can do
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.