R410a recommended training??

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if someone may be able to help

I work for a preventative maintainence company who
    have just taken on a contract that has a R410a VRV
    system installed.

Personally i dont really want to touch it until ive had
    some sort of training in dealing with this gas, ive mainly be dealing with R407c and R22 on chillers, i know that R410a requires differant tools and runs a lot lot higher pressure wise.

If anyone can recommend a company that gives training that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Re: R410a recommended training??

Matt,
    You say that it's a VRV system running on R410a?

I wouldn't worry too much about the R410a training, in the first instant get training on the VRV system.
    Contact the manufacturer (or their UK distributor) they will have kit specific training and this will be more useful for you than any training course on the gas.

If you still are looking for courses on the new gases, then there are various centres that offers it, Ellis and Business Edge are two that springs to mind.

I think you will find it almost impossible to get training specific to R410. Assuming you have the usual (Safe Handling etc) then this is as far as you will get.

Yes, 410 runs a stupidly high pressures and you need gas gauges and OFN gauge with extra capacity the working of it is the same. Obviously, when you strength test at 1.5 max pressure you need to build up gradually.

Depending on the make, the unit may already have built in gauges so you shouldnt need them unless you have a leak or fault.

Just make sure you use the right equipment, dont try shortcuts with lines with adapters etc and just use the usual safe handling practices and you should be OK

Remember if i doubt ask

Regards

Raymond

I think if you speak to Mitsubishi they will give you advice on it. When I went on a course there they seemed to be in the know.

Failing that read the 'refrigerants' section and then use google, you should get all the information you require there.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Yes, 410 runs a stupidly high pressures and you need gas gauges and OFN gauge with extra capacity the working of it is the same. Obviously, when you strength test at 1.5 max pressure you need to build up gradually
    You should not be testing above 1.3 times AP
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You should not be testing above 1.3 times AP
    We do, mostly on R404a BSEN378 is your local code for the pressures for PED it states 1.0 to 1.3. Other countries in the EU have other codes which can be differnt from ours. It is best to check the hydralic test pressures the vessels have been tested to this and the maximum pressures that the copper charts say you an go to at the test temperatures. This will determine how high you can test to, remember that with R410 unless you are using Helium large pressures are required acheive a decent leak test

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Other countries in the EU have other codes which can be differnt from ours.
    Kind Regards Andy

Hi Andy.

I thought that EN 378 was a european standard and it superceeded our old BS standard.
    I know the new standard incorperated lots of the old standard but I thought we were now uniformed across the EU?

Cheers taz.

juliop Guest

Hi there,
    ESCO institute here in florida they give trainig for R-410, I just got my certification for R- 410. It was very helpful to get all the info about 410 and 407

juliop Guest

Please take seriusly about 410, its a fractionary gas and runs to high pressures. The oil used for 410 is extremely hydroscopic and there are many other new things about that gas.

refrigeration effect is refrigeration effect,treat it with respect as you would any other refrigerant,they all achieve the same thing
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast