Flooding the forum again

I am busy with a cooling system for my computer (more information can be found here and here), and I decided to mount a receiver and a kind of expansion valve instead of the captube I am using now.

A simple, small TXV like the Danfoss T2 with the smallest orifice and MOP point seems to be the best option for the only 200W (or less) load, but I foresee a few problems.

First of all I would like to notice that I have never ever seen a TXV in real life, and I have absolutely no experience with them. I know how they work by reading articles on the Internet.

The biggest problem I foresee is that the Danfoss NL11F compressor I use is a Low Starting Torque compressor. This type of compressors needs pressure equalisation between the suction and discharge side to be able to start.

Now, If I got it right, with a TXV mounted the pressure will not be equalised. This would mean that the compressor would not start after the first time.

How do I solve this? I do not need quick equalisation of the pressure. If it takes half an hour it's fine. I have thought about a few solutions:

- Using a TXV with pressure equalisation feature. They seem to exist, but I can't find them.

- Bypass the TXV with an electrical valve which is closed during normal operation, and opens when the compressor is turned off. This is an expensive and probably undoable solution.

- Making a very restrictive bypass between the liquid and evaporator side of the TXV. If it is so restrictive that it takes 30 minutes to equalise pressure, I suppose this bypass won;t affect normal operation. Problem: this bypass must be _VERY_ restrictive, and I have no idea how to solve that.

- Using a constant pressure valve instead of a TXV. Such a valve would maintain a constant evaporator pressure. Is this a feasible solution?

- Mounting a run capacitor on the NL11F. This seems to increase starting torque althought the Danfoss datasheets are vague about this. If it works this is the best solution.

For the range of possible expansion devices I am pretty limited to a part of the Danfoss range and maybe a few Sporlan valves. In The Netherlands you are not allowed to buy those things without a license, so it has to be arranged via-via.