i think gary is just making us discuss a problem that has been apparant for years ie meddling customers and badly trained refrigeration engineers who see something tripped and press every button available to try and get the plant up and running again so they can get home in time for neighbours or other such crap. as a refrigeration engineer it is my job to find the cause of such a trip even if it is intermittent and cure the problem. my secondary consideration is the fate of the product even if that is as a direct result of my action or inaction in solving the aforementioned problem.
if the problem is that intermittent it never does any harm in keeping proper fault records so that such a fault can be recorded and noted for a future investigation. one day that intermittent fault is going to cause a catastrophic failure and massive cost and i would rather not fit a switch that allows a system to restart 3 times, ignore the oil pressure for up to 2 minutes each time at 1450rpm leading to the compressor requiring a rebuild instead of an oil change/filter clean etc.
like i said before i really dont think he's serious is he ????