Thread: Field settings

Vincentair Guest

Field settings

G'day,
    I'm new to this forum, but i see some of you have good knowledge of daikin A/C units.

I just had 2 daikin A/C units installed, and I'd like to know how to disable the thermostat from the indoor units.. I wish to use the thermostat on the controller, and not have the thermostat from the indoor units average with the thermostat on the controller.

Model outdoor unit -- rzp145dv1
    Model indoor unit -- fdyp145dlv1

Thanks

Re: Field settings

Sorry M8,
    To do what you want, you have to go deep in to the engineering mode.
    If you don't know how to do it, then I suggest you get the installer/an engineer in to do it for you.

There are too many variables you could mess up whilst being in the control's engineering mode.

Vincentair Guest

ok,

how do I enter this deep engineering mode???

Do u have a link to that info ??

give daikin tech suport a ring on 1300362438 [thats an ozzie number] give them your model nos an they should be able to help ya....

Why do you want to disable the return air sensor? This is the way the equipment has been designed to operate by the manufacturers and 99.9% of all systems operate just fine in this way.

What led you to believe that what you want to do will make the system operate any better??
    Last edited by frank; 15-02-2007 at 09:43 PM.

if your problem is that the return air is not coming directly from the conditioned area then you can purchase an extended sensor with 5 or so meters of cable and a wall mounted box from your daikin supplier

Vincentair Guest

Quote Originally Posted by adams? View Post
    if your problem is that the return air is not coming directly from the conditioned area then you can purchase an extended sensor with 5 or so meters of cable and a wall mounted box from your daikin supplier

Yes thats correct the air intake is from a differant location. An extended sensor should do the trick.

Any online stores that supply extended sensors ??

Thanks.

The extended sensor you need is known as KRC SO1, it has a 10m cable and you just need to disconnected the factory fitted sensor and replace it with the extended sensor. Also program the field setting 10-2-02 to disable the remote controller sensor.

Vincentair Guest

ok thx guys

Can I ask how this went? Did you manage to change the sensor? What did you do and how was the support from Daikin... if you needed it?

Hi, Vincentair
    Although I cannot help you with your query I would ask if you can help me. I am repairing the PCB from a RZP1450V1 outdoor unit. The PCB is identified as A1P [I think] and has the markings PC1014H-1D. There is a resistor RSP1 that connects to plug X100A on this PCB. On the PCB I am working on this resistor is open circuit. It is a radial mounted 5W power resistor. However the value is obscure, due to over heating, so if you could have a look on your PCB and post to me the value of RSP1 I would be appreciative. With thanks for your help.

Regards, KH

A 'pdf' file is attached to my post: 'Daikin Control Unit Repairs' and is from a similar unit that shows RSP1 as 'R1' connected to plug X100A

Check the date, the thread is over 2 years old
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc