Divekate Guest

Unhappy Samsung RS21 DCNS Fridge too warm

I have one of the Samsung American style fridge freezers. It has already had several Samsung warranty repairs as a result of unexplained icing up in the fridge and a noisy fan unit.
    We recently had a power cut and afterwards the fridge temperature display started to fluctuate wildly. The fridge felt cold but the display varied between 4C and 14C. The fridge also stopped giving the open door alarm.

The situation has got worse over the last couple of weeks and a separate thermometer shows the temperature is now as high as 14C (the display still varies from time to time - anything from 2C to 19C in a space of minutes!). The freezer seems to be working fine.

We have had one engineer out today but he wouldn't touch it - said we could be waiting up to 6 months to get parts and then Samsung will only supply their own engineers!!? He mentioned it might be the mother board but I'm none the wiser.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I really don't want to go through the nightmare of dealing with Samsung Customer Service again (ever!) if I can avoid it.

Divekate Guest

Talking Re: Samsung RS21 DCNS Fridge too warm

Problem solved - on the advice of the engineer who doesn't do Samsung we defrosted the unit for 36 hours and then restarted it. He reckoned it would either kill it altogether or cure it!

The freezer went back to temperature without problem while the fridge remained firmly stuck at 20C for the rest of the day. However, next morning the fridge was back to 4C and has kept working ever since.