Hi folks.....first off, I am computer engineer, not a mechanical one! Hope you will bare with me.

Suppose I want to design a propane powered 'cooling device' (some more technical folks would call it a fridge), albeit a small one, RV size.

What are the considerations in going with an intermittent absorption VS continuous-cycle absorption systems. The latter is what I have seen in the past and I like the idea of a unit running with a constant low heat.

Also, are there catalogues available out on the net for small RV sized burners, condensors & evaps?

Would there be 1 book you would recommend that would have all of the required example analysis in it?

Oh yes, I will be meeting with a PhD mech eng type next week to help in the design, but I wanted to pick your brains as well to get a better understanding of the issues involved. I have a product idea and am looking for help in a prototype design, so I can cost model it in production to see what type of price point could be met and whether or not I can build a viable business case around it.

Mucho gracias........Bruce