Thread: CV Show 2007

CV Show 2007

Hi All,

Just had an e-mail about the CV show and the "Cool Pavilion"

Thermo-King Belgium have a stand, No sign of Carrier though. Reeferjon - anything you know about yet ?

Anyone going, will be dissapointing if carrier are not there. What ever happened to their bright idea of having rapid response engineers on motorbikes

Regards
    Raymond

Re: CV Show 2007

they could travel by push bike and still beat marshalls

Quote Originally Posted by rdocwra View Post
    Hi All,

Just had an e-mail about the CV show and the "Cool Pavilion"

Thermo-King Belgium have a stand, No sign of Carrier though. Reeferjon - anything you know about yet ?

Anyone going, will be dissapointing if carrier are not there.
    They'll be there...

Quote Originally Posted by rdocwra View Post
    What ever happened to their bright idea of having rapid response engineers on motorbikes
    People weren't receptive of a bloke arriving on motorbike and saying "Yep, it's broken"

Quote Originally Posted by Bond View Post
    They'll be there...

People weren't receptive of a bloke arriving on motorbike and saying "Yep, it's broken"
    And difference from a man in a van saying that is ?

Looked like a good idea at the time although it was a carrier idea so they didnt have the usual calls for clearing codes 25,36 and 48 like the rest of us.
    Ok though for the other common call - bleed ups.
    Dont think it would be to easy carrying a ladder on them though

Regards

Raymond

Hey, nothing wrong with a rapid response unit on a motor cycle.
    I've been doing that for 3 years now.
    Our customer know that they has to have ladders on site. And lets face it, for an initial call, how often do you need anything else than basic hand tools (I work on A/C systems nowadays, so no supermarkets or industrial plant to look after).
    Our customers are happy as they get someone on site quickly. Nowadays most of them are used to me turning up in bike gear, it's rare that I'm offered parcels as I walk in to the receptions. (this happened frequently when I first started to use the bike for work) And people now even accepts (and expects) that I will turn up in bike gear for all meetings, including ones with customer's senior management.

heh, rapid motorcycle response.....
    I'd love to land myself something like that, I'd kill to get out of crappy four wheels and onto two for work, unless it's raining and cold

I had a meeting recently with a workshop manager for a very large dairy in the UK.

He mentioned the Carrier fast response motorcycle engineer's, and when I laughed he quickly put me to rights.

Apparently they carried a fair amount of kit on the bikes and managed to first fix a lot of problems.

When you think about it if you are an experienced engineer, as I assume, most of us here are you don't need that much to get a unit going unless it is terminal and needs "workshop" attention.

I've seen plenty of inexperienced or even lazy engineers turning up in a fully stocked van and saying "yep it's broken". So a lot of it is down to the attitude of the engineer.

For ladders, look up those telescopic aly. ones, about £200 a throw but well gucci and could fit them in a pannier.

As for the CV show, I find it is the same old same old nowadays. You go there, see the same people in the same jobs, with the same Bull***t. Every year.

Marshall's won't have a stand because they are struggling. Carrier will have a stand with cardboard pictures of units and loads of beer for their favourite customers. Zanotti will have a stand with real fridges because they are want to show everybody that they make real fridges. Frigoblock will have a stand with real fridges but stiff ars**icking reps. because thats the way they do business.

Will I be going? YES. Why? Because I like to see the same old same old and generally take the p*ss.

are you guys serious with the motorcycles??????? The only vehicle i'll use is a 1 ton cube van with a power lift gate. I neve know what unit i'm working on..... so i have about 50 belts, 10 starters.....etc etc. Wow would that be top shelf, going to calls on a motorcycle....well about 2 months of the year!! 2 wheelers don' t work in a foot of snow too well.

Reefermadness

This guy has no snow worries
    but I do think he's carring too much stock on the back of that bike!
    Last edited by alpha; 24-02-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Nice pic Alpha

Hi djbe, It's certainly an eye opener

So, reading a few of the posts here regarding Carriers bike response, can I presume that they do not send guys out on bikes no more?

Anyone know??

I don't know if they are still using them or not.

The last time I saw one was at Pullman's yard in Tamworth around 4 months ago.

Maybe someone with Carrier connections can give us the lowdown?

Lets Face it, It is probably easier now than ever before to use a motorcycle. Go back a few years and look at the belts you had to carry, P6-500 Forget about it, More recently maxima 6 belts and up to date with the new carriers just one. just carry and adjustable for bleed ups and a fluke meter and off you go.
    Regards
    raymond

After a bit of a hunt, a picture was found, the only problem I can see is a lack of knee puck

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post

Whats the tax on a company motorbike?

taz.

Pass on that question, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MTKkeefy View Post

I should imagine there will be a demonstration of emtk.co.uk, the customer fleet management web interface. Well worth a look I'd say!
    Yawn!

Could anyone tell me if Carrier are currently offering fast response service and using motorbikes for this? Do you know where I can find details of this?

I'd heard that they banned the use of motorbikes at a Global Level on the gounds of 'Health and Safety'.....and driving a car \ van isn't dangerous??

Very short sighted in my opinion. Bikes benefit enormously - economically (lower mpg that a van), save time travelling (esp through London) reduce conjestion better for environment. In fact London is free parking and no conjecstion charge for bikes (must be £30\ day saving just there).

So something doesn't quite add up.

Loops