Pressure Test Pump!!??

Is there such a thing as a pressure test pump or has there ever been one?. Had a thought on the top of a roof today having carried up a large bottle of OFN and wondered if anyone has ever seen such an item?. Obviously could not be used if brazing but a pump about the size of a vacuum pump capable of 45 bar would be ideal. Perhaps there is a good reason why there aren't any? Any thoughts much appreciated. With thanks.......

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Pressure Test Pump!!??

I know it depends on the system that you are working on but...

How about fitted a test point lower down the building?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks Brian
    In an ideal world i would but i mainly fit AC and is just not practicle. I was having one of those moments on a roof, just lifted the OFN 3 floors and dreaming of a light weight preasure test system!!!

I was think about this idea. It is 3 problems.
    1. Nessesary good dry air befor press (very difficult dry after)
    2. Weight of this unit completely with all for 40 bar - 145 kg minimum.
    You can see for example bestcompressor.ru/high.htm
    3. Not so good stay air in the tube for a long time.

the problem with a pump is you would have to use air which contains moisture, an obvious no no.
    OFN aids the removal of moisture so although a pain in the backside the system should vac out quicker.

Hi, Gwiliamson

Quote Originally Posted by gwilliamson View Post
    Thanks Brian
    In an ideal world i would but i mainly fit AC and is just not practicle. I was having one of those moments on a roof, just lifted the OFN 3 floors and dreaming of a light weight preasure test system!!!
    What about to use flexible hydraulic hoses of different lenghts with coupling pieces. There must be pressure regulator on bottle of 45 bars and one valve at the end of your hoses. Todays hoses are capable to carry pressure up to 200 bars and easy to carry them on the roof

.... also easy to unroll that hose from the roof down to the bottle of OFN. Do not forget to secure the bottle

Just practical idea

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by gwilliamson View Post
    Thanks Brian
    I would have thought that as you have fitted it then it would be more practicable for you to have installed a schraeder valve for test purposes.

However, as Josip says, having a spare roll of tube always comes in handy. I've done before when recovering from a roof plant.

Still, let's be honest, it's the sort of job where you pray for a strong, uncomplaining, assistant. But they're never around when you want one
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I used to work for a company that made fairly small N2 generators and you can buy a booster pump to boost the pressure.Not to sure of the limitations and pressures that can be achieved but i'll try to investigate a bit more maybe I could market it as a side line if its viable.

Oh well, please let me know if you do find anything. Never mind it was a nice idea , back to the bottle!! Nitrogen i mean... Thanks