Unhappy Electrolux f/f er7926b has me baffled!

Got called out to This fridge freezer, found timer u/s fitted new one and defrosted evap and topped up refrigerant.
    Freezer section is ok but no cold air is reaching fridge via shaft, as far as I can tell there is no flap mechanism on this model. Strange thing is when you open the freezer door cold air spills into the fridge as normal.
    The stat sensor is in the fridge vent and just switches the whole thing off if activated. Evap temp is spot on and evap fan is working ok.
    Never had problems with this model before so I am puzzled, am I missing something obvious? any advice would be welcome.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Electrolux f/f er7926b has me baffled!

Quote Originally Posted by eam1956 View Post
    Got called out to This fridge freezer, found timer u/s fitted new one and defrosted evap and topped up refrigerant.
    Freezer ..............
    So it has a leak somewhere? What where the pressures before the top up? Has it drawn in air,?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

It is on 134a it was on a slight vacuum, coil is fully frosted now there is no signifigant leak showing up. Refrigeration is working well its just not pushing the cold air up into the fridge compartment.

It is very rare for a domestic to require topping up, entails fitting a service valve, etc,

Anyway, the cold not creeping up into the fridge section, I vaguely remembered a similar scenario....

For the cold to travel into the fridge compartment, it travels via a duct which has a flap mechanism....

Something was disrupting this flow.......either a door not closing properly.........I cant remember, Ill have to try speak with the tech who was on that job with me.

All I remember it was strange,

Sorry I wish I could have helped more

Does it have a flap and heater in the chimney duct section? if the heater fails the flap will freeze in a closed position.

it may have a second fan to move air into the fridge section which may be off. you need to prove the air duct is clear as the others have suggested it could be iced up

I had similar problem with a hotpoint once and then it was ice plugging up the duct. Oh you havent perhaps removed the fan blade and stuck it back on wrong way ?. just a suggestion.