Wrightyengineer Guest

"process connector/line" help??

At home i have a freezer which runs on R600a..it seemed to not be working to its full potentioal..so as i do not work with R600a..and it still has a parts warranty we arranged for one of CDA's engineers to take a look. He said the compressor needed changing. After a 2 month wait and no reply we phoned them and they sent a guy round...he now says its not the compressor and that the system has a leak. I was at work at the time but my dad was their. The bloke told my dad it cannot be fixed. And tht CDA will sell us a new Freezer with 30% discount. However..after i looked at the freezer...i did notice a hole on the "process line/connector" coming off the compressor. Propane WAS leaking out as i ran the freezer. Could you tell me waht the "process line/connector" is for? And can the freezer be fixed? I should think it can be surely? Yuor help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Re: "process connector/line" help??

The process line is for putting gas in , if it is coming out there , a service rep should be able to put it back in.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrightyengineer View Post
    i did notice a hole on the "process line/connector" coming off the compressor. Propane WAS leaking out as i ran the freezer. Could you tell me waht the "process line/connector" is for? And can the freezer be fixed? I should think it can be surely? Yuor help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
    Is the hole perfectly round.
    If it is I think it will be from the line tap valve that the service engineer fitted and then removed.

taz.

TAz24, was thinking the same, but isn't it not still under warranty?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.