Flooded & Pump Evaporators

Hallo to everybody !
    Please, I'd need a clarification from you.

I've seen a lot of threads concerning flooded evaporators. I'd like to make you a more basilar question.
    What I'd like to know is: are a flooded evaporator and a pump evaporator the same thing ?
    Is there any difference in their circuitation and in their circuitation with respect of DX evaporators ?

If there is, is there any technical reason for this difference ?

Many thanks !

Re: Flooded & Pump Evaporators

I think t hat both expressions are the same
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Re: Flooded & Pump Evaporators

The expression flooded evap & pumped evap can be be different to each other although lots of people use the terminolgy that they are more familiar with which can be misleading but they are both different in the way they operate to a dx type evaporator. Loosley described: - Flooded evaporators - are exactly that flooded so that they are full of liquid refrigerant but can be fed from a receiver by gravity on a large water chiller using a plate type heat exchanger for example. This makes it different to a pumped evaporator where the refrigerant is pumped from a receiver to the evaporator and not fed by gravity. Ultimatley they are both flooded evaporators its just that one has liquid refrigerant pumped into it or them,if there is more than one and the other one doesn`t . They are both flooded evaporators, one is pumped the other one isn`t