thien nhat Guest

Different between compressor MYCOM single stage and compressor booster

Hi everybody, I'm new one. I have just discover this page and happy can enjoy.
    I have system 2 screw compressor MYCOM design as Separate two stage, now the booster compressor have problem so need to change new one, I don't have any another compresoor booster while I have more normal single compressor
    So any one can help me tell me the different of them,and Can I use a normal compressor to replace the booster compresor? what problems when I do like that. Or I can change what details of normal compressor to change it become booster compressor.
    So thanks for your help

Re: Different between compressor MYCOM single stage and compressor booster

Hi, Thien Nhat

Welcome to RE,

Quote Originally Posted by thien nhat View Post
    Hi everybody, I'm new one. I have just discover this page and happy can enjoy.
    I have system 2 screw compressor MYCOM design as Separate two stage, now the booster compressor have problem so need to change new one, I don't have any another compresoor booster while I have more normal single compressor
    So any one can help me tell me the different of them,and Can I use a normal compressor to replace the booster compresor? what problems when I do like that. Or I can change what details of normal compressor to change it become booster compressor.
    So thanks for your help
    Can you tell us something more about your plant, type&size of compressors, refrigerant, evaporating temp 1st stage 2nd stage, condensing pressure, oil cooling for both compressors, etc...how old is your plant?

BTW, what happen to booster compressor?

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

thien nhat Guest

My system include 2 compressor MYCOM N200SL for 2nd stage, and 3 MYCOM N250SMB for 1st stage.
    Evaporating 1st = -45
    Evaporating 2nd = -10
    Condensing = +35
    Oil cooling use thermo-syphon system for all compressor
    Now 1 N250SMB be broken the male rotor so I need to change 1 N250 SMB.
    I have already N250 SM so I want know can I change this for N250SMB had problems? The outside of them are same so I think may I change some differents details about them so I can use it as N250SMB because the system is working so I can't wait until buy another compressor.
    Pls help me soon as you can, so thanks for you help
    Best regard
    Last edited by thien nhat; 08-01-2007 at 04:49 AM.

The main ( and only for current modules with adjustable Vi) difference between a standard mycom compressor and a mycom booster compressor is the discharge end clearance has being increased. This is achieved by changing the thickness of the outer spacers in the thrust bearings. The mycom manual gives you the clearances for the discharge end clearances.

Regards

Mike W

thien nhat Guest

So thanks for your help but you can show me more details about different, my compressor are fix Vi not adjustable. Which normal or booster have a larger discharge volume? Don't have any change between them. IF I change the the front cover of body of compressor (the part have the discharge port) is OK?
    The manual of them had lost after I work here so I can't search about them, can you show me where I can dowload them or where have show about differents between them.
    Thanks you too much
    Best regard

Hi, Thien Nhat

Quote Originally Posted by thien nhat View Post
    So thanks for your help but you can show me more details about different, my compressor are fix Vi not adjustable. Which normal or booster have a larger discharge volume? Don't have any change between them. IF I change the the front cover of body of compressor (the part have the discharge port) is OK?
    The manual of them had lost after I work here so I can't search about them, can you show me where I can dowload them or where have show about differents between them.
    Thanks you too much
    Best regard
    If you are sure that all outside compressor piping are the same both for high and low stage then you can replace one 250SMB with one 250 SM. Check carefully all pipes sizes and connection points for both compressors to see if you can replace one 250SMB with another 250SM.

I do not know N250SM/SMB type of Mycom compressors but it seems they are the same except difference in outlet port regarding high or low stage duty. If they are with variable Vi you can change that to have the same compressor i.e. N250SMB.

You must have some documentation about your compressors. I have some data only for Mycom screw compressor series V (160,200,250,320) but nothing about series N, sorry. Only attached flow diagram for N200VLD-LB.

Hope this will help.

Best regards, Josip
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Hi

I have worked on quite a few mycoms. if need be I can copy or find a few manuals or you can go to Mycom.com
    and probably ge the info.
    If the two machines are both 250 s, l, or m and with similar Vi then they are pretty much interchangable.
    the s l m indicate the lenght of the rotor the 250 indicates the diameter.

You should check to see that oil piping is similar but screws are pretty forgiving and can run out of the particular operating range without much of a problem, as long as the lubrication is there, and the cooling system is working well.

If the Vi of the machines is similar (2.4, to 3.6 ) then the horsepower to drive the units will be fairy close in the ranges you have mentioned.

best to you

Bruce

Thien Nhat,
    u do not need to replace with exact model.
    as long as the design conditions are similar, any brand/make can do u good jobs.

lee,malaysia.