Thread: Jobs Jobs Jobs

Jobs Jobs Jobs

Hello all, its your friendly neighbourhood ReeerMadness.

I see that there is a couple new guys that come from closer to my neck of the woods. Its nice to see that the OEM's havent got a strangle hold on the entire market. Saying that lots of friends do work for the compition and do a hell of a job. I'm from Edmonton where the market its dying for licensed tech's. Anyone else's situation the same.?? As well, i know that its not a government trade in any other province but alberta, but hoping that this might change in the future. If the trade was to become manditory then i think that a lot of things might open up. Safety, pay and to some regard respect toward all the mobile/ transport fridgie's out there. Got my license @ SAIT in Calgary. Anyone else??

Have i been misinformed? Anything new? Shout it out!

Peace

ReeferMadness

Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs

Also a SAIT graduate. Work just south of Calgary - Satrted @ TK Calgary -- Now on my own!

Quote Originally Posted by prasky View Post
    Also a SAIT graduate. Work just south of Calgary - Satrted @ TK Calgary -- Now on my own!
    Hey, me too! Not in Calgary and it was Carrier for me.
    Send me a email, I have some info you may be interested in!

i graduated from SAIT and currently work for Hiway in vancouver BC. specializing in containers. I was a Hank trained dude...took me like 4 years to forget the crap he taught me...just like a fart in a windstorm eh boys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruisermac View Post
    i graduated from SAIT and currently work for Hiway in vancouver BC. specializing in containers. I was a Hank trained dude...took me like 4 years to forget the crap he taught me...just like a fart in a windstorm eh boys!!!!
    If you were trained by Hank, you know me! Oh and by the way, BC is certified as well.
    You guys should pm me as I have something you may be interested in! Hmmmmm.......

Also a SAIT grad. only had the pleasure of having Hank for part of my course. He retired during my training. As for the trade here in Ontario they have tried many times to make it a registered trade here but so far no luck. Have sent people from here out to SAIT and will continue to do so as I believe it is a good program and hopefully getting better with Rod teaching it.

Carch... where are you from?

I live near Stratford, Ont. I've been with Erb Trans. for 9 yrs. Before that I worked with my Dad (Guido Rabak) & my brother (Andre). at T.A.G. Inc. in Niagara Falls.
    My brother & I were lucky in that we both are Class A mechanics & we had a very experienced teacher (Dad). I think the current state of regulation (or lack of) is ridiculous. Depending on who in the government you talk to, all you need is an ODP card & you're good to go!