Any replacement for R403B??

Hi,currently i've got a chiller which uses R403B. Anyone come across this kinda gas? can substitute? the gas very ex....really need the expertise from you guys....hope to hear some comments and replies.

Re: Any replacement for R403B??

yozzz....so greatful for your quick reply. I just wanna ask do i need to change any parts if i change the refrigerant? eg...Thermostatic expansion valve, or anything?

err...liquid line filter?? u mean the filter drier izzit?

hehe...but wat's so special about R403B? it's damn hard to find...moreover, it's damn expensive!!!

R403b is a drop in for the good old R502 so any R502 drop-in will do the job.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

R-403B is available from DuPont if you need it - it gives particularly low discharge temperatures, which might be why it was picked for your system. It is also compatible with mineral oil, which some of the others listed in previous replies are not (eg R-404A, R-407C, R-507 and so on) Peter 1's reply was spot-on - any drop-in replacement for R-502 will do the job. DuPont's ISCEON MO29 is probably the best substitute as it is also good with the mineral oil - hence the name!

cheers

Andy P
    Last edited by Andy P; 29-12-2006 at 04:07 PM.

OIC...so there's actually a few choices for me to choose from. But my boss ask me which one is the best? R404a or R408a? haizzz....ask me to get him some facts and figures to show him.
    I'm actually very new in this chiller thingie. never touch b4 also. but he insisted me to do an R&D on this chiller. Really sorry to bother you guys. Cheers and and a Happy New Year!!!