Baron in Spain Guest

Question Panasonic air-con inverter unit

Hi anyone ,
    I have a problem with a panasonic air con inverter unit , model CS G125KE . The diagnostic code keeps flashing 9 then P . The Panasonic help site sends you round in circles . Any ideas anyone ? Baron in Spain

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Panasonic air-con inverter unit

The Panasonic manual from their website is only a User Manual in about eight languages !!

Check carefully before buying any manual to make sure it is a Technical one.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Baron in Spain Guest

Thanks for the feedback Brian , I have got the user manual ( came with the unit , all languages ) but it does'nt explain the diagnostic codes !! I am still waiting for a reply from Panasonic (Australia ).
    The unit will run for a short while ( 5 mins ) then shuts itself down flashing "timer" & code 9 P .
    Have tried all I can , maybe have to call out a technico to explain the diagnostic code ,
    cheers anyway mate . Baron.

Sounds to as though the unit is faulting due to compressor overheating or one of sensors is picking up a problematic reading either due to faulty sensor or short of gas. dont forget that having gauges hooked up is of little value on an inverter as the compressor ramps up and down making usable readings hard to attain.

The timer light does not mean a timer is faulty it will be part of the fault code.

Does the unit operate properly in the 5mins that it runs?
    what gas does this unit run on - 410?
    is the condensor positioned where it can overheat
    or recirculate the air?
    Are there non condensables in the system?

Just a few ideas..

let us know how you go
    :cool: Do the job once & do it right. :cool:

Is this one of the older ones that has a led display on the unit, or one of the type that you get the code off the remote?
    I don't know this one, most fault codes for panasonic have a "h" or "f" then a number, never heard of a fault with 'p' in it, or a code with '9' in it.
    What's it doing, maybe I can help anyway. I work for a place that repairs most of them while under warranty, ie. subcontracted by panasonic australia.
    Is it running for a while and then cutting out?
    Is it showing that code as soon as you turn it on?
    edit: I can get manuals if it's sold in australia, but I only have a g123k for the slightly older ones, or a c/d/e/dkr/p for the ones they are selling now.
    Last edited by paul_h; 04-12-2007 at 01:04 PM.