I've been pondering this from time to time and it recently came to mind again.

Back in the golden age of fishery around here, shipowners were more concerned about turn-around time (time form starting unloading cargo till leaving for the fishing fields), and of course, the company that could provide the fastest service was the preferred company

***** cost about the same as a pack of chewing gum and if they had to charge one bottle or ten didnt matter, as long as they got back to fishing as soon as possible.

so of course we gave that little extra when performing service, ***** wasnt dangerous apart from being asphyxiating and we all knew the signs, blushing and "warm cheeks" and you were ok, when you started loosing sensation, or feel tingling in the upper lip it was time to leave, meaning go up and have a smoke or two before heading back down.

Now... this is how we operated back when I was a newbie, and I got my share of *****...

Now, that was the prelude

Now, things have changed alot since then, and now the smallest amount of ***** gives me memory lapses/teflon brain... just changing a compressor on a small provision plant, the 0.2 bar left in the compressor and in the oil is enough that when I go to work the next morning I have a hard time recalling details of things I noticed when opening the compressor that I needed to put in my report.

And after this http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ead.php?t=4041 incident, I get a gagging sensation in ***** or NH3 concentrations where I before could have worked without the slightest discomfort. to explain, if I inhale very slowly I'm ok, but if I try to breath normal my throat closes up and I feel like throwing up instead...

Guess refrigeration engineers really are very analytic