Thread: Incredible

Incredible

I have just stumbled across this prize idiot.

http://boyandhisdog97018.blogspot.co...cootersav.html

Re: Incredible

No doubt about it, refrigerants are still being used in a haphazard manner. I question if he is re-filling those, or purchasing them pre-charged from "a manufacturer". Either way, it needs to be addressed.

Perhaps we can sell him some cylinders charged with ammonia. That will stop his paint ball games.

No, the cilinders can't be refilled. They are sold in small quantities, usually 250g or 500g in toystores. The magazine is filled with a non return spring valve operated via a needle installed as nozzle.
    These have been around since 15 years. The only drawback is that when the gun is shot too fast, the magazine becomes icecold.

A photo of my 92f Parabellum Beretta with Laser pointer. It is a toy!
    Last edited by NoNickName; 21-03-2008 at 04:22 PM.

A toy like that in Jamaica can get one shot from the powpow(police)

That is realistic enough to get shot anywhere. If someone pointed that at me, I would not ask questions.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post
    That is realistic enough to get shot anywhere. If someone pointed that at me, I would not ask questions.
    Only, "How much did you want from me?" or "Do you take cash or cheques (checks)?"
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

It is made in steel and the weight is exactly the weight of a Parabellum. It is freely sold here. It costs around 50 euro or 70 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK
    Only, "How much did you want from me?" or "Do you take cash or cheques (checks)?"
    OR,

Shoot first and ask the questions later.

Would work better with R410A Only once probably

I really can't see how their allowed to sell HFC's for this type of thing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post

I have just stumbled across this prize idiot.

http://boyandhisdog97018.blogspot.co...cootersav.html

Don't see how the guy who wrote that is an idiot, apart from the "Environment friendly *****" comment

back when I used to play paintball, we used CO2, and one should think that was better than R-134a.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Im wondering if refrigerant 134 a is classed as a substance under the "Control of Substances Harzardous to the Environment Legislation" and its disposal to be controlled.

Ill have to look into it

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Im wondering if refrigerant 134 a is classed as a substance under the "Control of Substances Harzardous to the Environment Legislation" and its disposal to be controlled.

Ill have to look into it
    Yes it is. All the fluorinated gases are in the waste list.

All the refrigerants are classed as hazardous waste if they come to the point of disposal, but there is often a blurring of the definitions of ‘waste’ because of the red tape surrounding disposal and the documentation.

However the problem with this particular blogger (and I don’t know where he resides) is twofold; first his preoccupation with BB guns; they may be tollerated where he lives, but having one of these things, or even a toy gun, in public in the UK is foolhardy in the extreme. Second is the use of pressurised HFCs as a propellant for these things. Although it is not identified as such, it is a novelty use (along with gas horns) and will be banned in the F Gas regulations.

Crime repression is different in various countries. In Italy it is not forbidden to carry such a toy in public, even if it looks exactly and weighs exactly as the real gun, as long as the front of the toy gun has got a red mark or circle, or a red cap for non-firing toy guns.
    Being shot by a policeman who felt assaulted by anyone carrying such a toy gun is a crime and the policeman can be arrested and prosecuted for excess of self defense or murder.

You must be in a parallel universe.

I wouldn't try it in London if I were you - red paint or not!

Looking vaguely foriegn is enough to get you shot in London

http://www.ocforums.com/attachment.p...1&d=1144184234 < This is sold as an air duster in Canada, yet at the very same time, as a fridgy, you would be fined 250000 Dollars for venting R 134a and lose your liscance. Ah idioticy of politics. FYI pellet guns and such perfectly legal long as it is not higher then 500FPS. There is a realy nice rapid shot 22cal pellet gun that fires @ 499 1fps below needing a liscance

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
    Being shot by a policeman who felt assaulted by anyone carrying such a toy gun is a crime and the policeman can be arrested and prosecuted for excess of self defense or murder.
    What alarms me is the eager manner with which the police in America use the tazer gun.

They even shooting guys who do not show respect when they pull them over for traffic violations.

Just because it doesnt kill , it seems they think its fine, but it must hurt terribly

I have done some sleuthing on refrigerants :
    This is the European classification under EU law, applicable to all EU states. I have only itemised under, 14, the part which shows refrigerants as included within the list.

SCHEDULE 1

THE LIST OF WASTES
    Regulation 2(2)(b)

"Annex
    List of Wastes Pursuant to Article 1(A) of Directive 75/442/EEC on Waste and Article 1(4) of Directive 91/689/EEC on Hazardous Waste

Introduction

The present list is a harmonised list of wastes. It will be periodically reviewed on the basis of new knowledge and, in particular, of research results, and if necessary revised in accordance with Article 18 of Directive 75/442/EEC. However, the inclusion of a material in the list does not mean that the material is a waste in all circumstances. Materials are considered to be waste only where the definition of waste in Article 1(a) of Directive 75/442/EEC is met.

14 WASTE ORGANIC SOLVENTS, REFRIGERANTS AND PROPELLANTS

Note that this is a Regulation and is automatically part of domestic law within a Member State without any further enactment.

Note:

(2)

In this paragraph, “refrigerants” means :

dichlorodifluoromethane, chlorotrifluoromethane, dichlorotetrafluoroethane, chloropentafluoroethane, bromotrifluoromethane, chlorodifluoromethane, chlorotetrafluoroethane, trifluoromethane, difluoromethane, pentafluoroethane, tetrafluoroethane, chlorodifluoroethane, difluoroethane, trichlorofluoromethane, trichlorotrifluoroethane, dichlorotrifluoroethane, dichlorofluoroethane and mixtures containing any of those substances.

Quite right, Abe.

Nearer home it's all been transposed into UK law as SI 2005 / 894 and SI 2005 / 895.

There is also a great deal about it on the Envoironment Agency's site. I don't have the links to hand at the moment.

Last edited by Argus; 02-12-2006 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Typos