Red face It hasnt worked for weeks?

Reading through some of the service misadventures reminded me of the time about three years ago when on call-out duty engineer I received a call from one of our larger clients asking me to attend a comms room breakdown in southampton...as this would entail a 260 mile round trip I tried to help on the phone but eventually gave up and drove down there....at 1900 hours on a sunday night!
    Arriving on the site I was told that the faulty unit was a split (one of four in the comms room) which according to the security guard...the only guy on site...hadnt been working for several weeks??...he proceeded to demonstrate that the unit wouldnt turn on with the remote control ...so I pointed out that the faulty unit was a different make to the remote he was using....rummaged through a desk drawer in the room and came up with the correct controller....as the controller had flat batteries I went across the road to a corner shop which was still open and bought two triple A batteries which when fitted to the hand controller made the unit spring into life......I was obviously well pleased to be dragged out from home at the weekend to put a couple of batteries in a controller....I guess the client wouldnt have been too pleased when they eventually got an enormous invoice for the same.:

Not getting wiser at the same rate as I am getting older??

Re: It hasnt worked for weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Superheatman View Post
    Reading through some of the service misadventures reminded me of the time about three years ago

...I was obviously well pleased to be dragged out from home at the weekend to put a couple of batteries in a controller....I guess the client wouldnt have been too pleased when they eventually got an enormous invoice for the same.:

Its infuriating somtimes isn't it.
    I used to hate the managers who, knowing of a problem for hours and hours phoned it through at 10 to 5 knowing that it would be passed to the standby engineer who had no option but to attend.

Cheers taz.

My old boss used to save up breakbowns until hometime so he'd get a days install work out of you before sending you on breakdowns," on your way home etc" On asking the customer when they phoned, 11.00am would be the reply
    When his wife had the phone she would be out shopping all day so you would get three or four jobs dumped on you when she got back to office, you'd get sent all over the place as she had no idea where anywhere was.
    The final nail in the coffin was when they accused me of running a taxi business out of hours due to the amount of diesel i was using
    Actually the final nail was when they refused to fix the brakes on my van as they were thinking of replacing it in four months.

Cheers Jon

rbartlett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
    Its infuriating somtimes isn't it.
    I used to hate the managers who, knowing of a problem for hours and hours phoned it through at 10 to 5 knowing that it would be passed to the standby engineer who had no option but to attend.

Cheers taz.
    For me it's the customer who screams "HELP!!" down the phone on Friday afternoon because it's 'just broken down' but when you arrive you get

"it actually went on Tuesday but I thought 'it might work again' (magic fridge syndrome) but with the weekend coming up 'n all we need it fixed desperate like.."

Cheers

Richard

LRAC is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett View Post

"it actually went on Tuesday but I thought 'it might work again' but with the weekend coming up 'n all we need it fixed desperate like.."
    Easy to solve get the office to put the answer machine on saying "All contract customer please phone the number issued with your contract" and hope they can't find the number.

Lrac