Cool Refrigerant Handling course in uk

Could anyonecan suggest me how i can get that.I dont have qualification here in UK,but i have long experience in airconditioning.

Re: Refrigerant Handling course in uk

There are 10s of training agencies in the UK that will do gas handling quals. look in the back of the trade mags such as ACR and Service Engineer, there are companies advertising there. Where are you in the Uk I could point you to a specific one if you want. You could pay between £100 and £300 dependent on you needing training or not.
    The two main agencies in the UK are City & Guilds and CITB. C&G offer a qualification that lasts for life as long as the law on refrigerants stays the same. CITB needs to be retaken every 3 years but is at the same standard as C&G.

Cheers taz.

Thanks taz24.I am in Nottingham.I will try it. I tried NCN then they want me to assist, but the guy that will assist me want me to provide the tools,those are recovery machine,cylinder manifold.I dont know where i can rent that.Thanks again.

Cesar

Quote Originally Posted by C Bagtas View Post
    Thanks taz24.I am in Nottingham.I will try it. I tried NCN then they want me to assist, but the guy that will assist me want me to provide the tools,those are recovery machine,cylinder manifold.I dont know where i can rent that.Thanks again.

Cesar
    NCN? I'm not sure I know them.
    Are you saying that some one is offering you the chance to help do the assessments on other people or that they want you to do your assessment and you have to supply the equipment to do it on?
    Trent college in Nottingham do gas handling and there are various firms in the trade press who will do assessments as well. You should not be expected to provide the equipment. You could let them come to a place you choose and let them watch you do the test on your own choice of equipment.
    Cheers taz.

Cesar
    there is definately a college in nottingham that does the refrigerant handling but I cant think of the name. you will need the qualification before july 2007 if you want to work in the trade and will also need it if you want a skillcard as a refrigeration engineer.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Cesar
    there is definately a college in nottingham that does the refrigerant handling but I cant think of the name.
    It's called new College Nottingham - the old Basford Hall.

Mel Crewe is the man to contact. http://www.ncn.ac.uk/