Liguid Injection Temperature Adjustment

Here in the US we mostly see Frick and FES Screws. Few Vilters Screw Packages make their way this far west. Liquid Injection Temperature Adjustment on FES and Frick is done by adjusting the Equalizing Pressure for the TX Valve. We do have one customer who bought a few Sabroe basket cases, as well a one who installed four new ones. The only adjustment on these is the superheat. Is the Liquid Solenoid cycled to maintain Oil Temperature or is the Superheat setting used?
    I might need to know this one day.

Re: Liguid Injection Temperature Adjustment

NH3LVR

The Sabroes have a thermostat to energize the liqiud injection solenoid valve based on discharge temperature, then you set up the superheat. Unfortunately I am out of the office for 2 weeks, once I'm back I will get the setting for a Sabroe screw compressor.

Regards

Mike W
    Last edited by Mike W; 06-11-2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mike;
    Thank you for your reply, and I look forward to hearing from you on your return.
    As I said we do not see many Sabroes in this area and the adjustment procedure is different from the screws we normally work on.
    NH3lvr

Setting of Liquid injection valve for Sabroe Screw compressors.
    Sabroe Screw compressors which are liquid injected cooled use a TEAT Danfoss TX valve with the thermal bulb mounted on the discharge line. A liquid line solenoid is energized when the compressor is running and the discharge temperature is above 35 Deg C ( controlled by a t/stat).
    Adjustment.
    The TEAT valve should be adjusted to maintain the required oil temperature ( factory setting 45 Deg C) At the case of ***** refrigerants the discharge temperature should be 30 deg C above the oil temperature.

Mike W

Mike;
    Thank you for the Info.
    I appreciate the help and hope I can return the favor someday.