Thread: TRUE cabinets

Beechy Guest

Question TRUE cabinets

Hi all

We have been approached by True manufacturing UK to offer our customers their cabinets. We normally supply foster & williams units, i would appreciate any feed back from the forum and the members from the USA on the quality and reliability of the cabinets.

They seam to look 10 years out of date with no electronic controls?

regards
    Beechy

Re: TRUE cabinets

Personally I rate the True brand quite highly
    But I have little "recent" experience

I have worked on quite a few of the True cabinets consisting of coca cola fridges, counter top fridges with front and rear doors and stainless steel service cabinets and work stations with refrigerated bunkers, this is me personally, but I rate them as been better than Foster, lets face it, Foster are over priced and poorly put together with inferior copper tube, always have been.

Incidentally I am an approved service engineer for Foster but get sick of explaining to customers why the evaporators and vapourisers rot away after as little as 2 years old and rendering the cabinet scrap (full of condensate water). I rate Infrico as been better than Foster.

rbartlett Guest

In the '90's my old company were approved repairers of True fridges and did a bit of warrenty work. They did have an electronic controller back then so I don't know what happened to it. ??
    Basically as American made as apple pie and some good points as well as some bad ones. I didn't mind them esp when we got the tech manual for the controller (which I still had till some oik nicked it out of my car )

Cheers

Richard

snowball Guest

Hi I have a reasonable Experience of True and they have a trouble free Reputation as far I am concerned
    when you sell a product you want reliability not flash
    i feel that they are one of the best products around for taking the kind of abuse that seems to be the norm for most kitchens Regards

Hi Beechy,

I am currently working for a True approved dealer.

Very Few problems with them and what there are, are not normally anything to do with the manufacturing. normally stupid things like timeclocks.

regards

Fatboy

i agree with everyone else, basic yet reliable, we always found that the compressor were correctly sized and worked in high ambiants without problems, unlike the nesso cabinets

i agree true cabinets are very robust and reliable you can visit the factory and learn a lot factory in rotherham