TXV and cap tube

I'm building a CPU cooler with a 1/6HP compressor and R134a. The TXV valve body part number is 068U2207 and the TXV orifice part number is 068U1030. Do I need to increase the restriction by adding some captube or small diameter tubing? (The TXV is externally equalized.) I'm expecting up to 150w load.

"If Hannah was an air handler, I would be a condensing unit so I could open her TXV and pump my refrigerant through her coils." - a HVAC friend of mine

Re: TXV and cap tube

Quote Originally Posted by star882 View Post
    I'm building a CPU cooler with a 1/6HP compressor and R134a. The TXV valve body part number is 068U2207 and the TXV orifice part number is 068U1030. Do I need to increase the restriction by adding some captube or small diameter tubing? (The TXV is externally equalized.) I'm expecting up to 150w load.
    You only need an externally equalised valve if the evap coil has a distribrator and therfore a pressure drop over it. An evap this size may only need an internal equalised valve.
    You do not need to add any extra smaller pipe all you need to do is fit the correct orifice. The right size orifice will give you the corect pressure drop.

Cheers taz.

Seems to me you have the right orifice. A TUA (internal equalisation) would do the job.The TUAE will work also (with external equalisation connected).
    These type of valves still work OK with low loads so there should be no problem.

Could there be problems with the unit pulling down too fast and straining the CPU socket?
    "If Hannah was an air handler, I would be a condensing unit so I could open her TXV and pump my refrigerant through her coils." - a HVAC friend of mine

Bescie, how was IKK?
    I had not time to come and besides, I forgot it was that far to travel. I thought it was much closer.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by star882 View Post
    You have to send me the evaporating temperature and condensing temp. and swept volume of comp in terms of CFM or cum/hr. I think i can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    Bescie, how was IKK?
    I had not time to come and besides, I forgot it was that far to travel. I thought it was much closer.
    Hi Peter,
    IKK was OK. Our stand was very nice. Lots of visitors (even some from Belgium). In general : CO2 is here to stay; lots of VSD compressors; lots of manufacturers that used to be offer only one thing (like heat exchangers or cold store panels,..) more and more offer everything (complete hused units, control panels, ...).

We spent the entire evening with a lovely Brazilian, Caipirinha was her name. She was very cool and exciting at the same time. Unfortunatly she wasn't that refreshing the morning after.

I'm aiming for about -25C. I expect about 45-50C condensing. The compressor is an Embraco EMI60HER.