fennydom Guest

J&e Halls Compressor

Im on the look out for a halls 7 by 5 1/2 8 cylinder compound carcus if anyone knows were i might locate one i would be most apreciative.

Re: J&e Halls Compressor

Quote Originally Posted by fennydom View Post
    Im on the look out for a halls 7 by 5 1/2 8 cylinder compound carcus if anyone knows were i might locate one i would be most apreciative.

Are you trying to tell me you can't find one in Grimsby You'd trip over the things.

On a serious point try Humber Refrigeration they seem to be able to locate them.

I know that there are at least 4 / 5 in moth ball at PDM in Doncaster. I'm not sure who does their work now but they have shut down 2 plants and moth balled all the equipment.

On a lighter note you should locate them if you have missplaced one, they are big lumps of metal and tend not to wonder far if you put them down

Cheers taz.

fennydom Guest

thank taz will try leads you gave me thanks again fennydom

have you tried halls at derby,give paul on the trade counter a call,tell him mark at derby cold stores told you to call, i know they have outed a load of old stuff but still have some darkholed.

Icecube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fennydom View Post
    Hello Taz & Fennydom

Interesting to hear a conversation about PDM 7X5 Compounds. I have also worked on these machines (I have spent many hours with the sticky unloaders)

Do you have any contact with Roy & Bob .

Quote Originally Posted by Icecube View Post
    Hello Taz & Fennydom

Interesting to hear a conversation about PDM 7X5 Compounds. I have also worked on these machines (I have spent many hours with the sticky unloaders)

Do you have any contact with Roy & Bob .

Bob smith?

He was my boss and Roy was contracting. I left before Roy was made up to supervisor and now I think its all gone. All the old plant is shut down and the plant rooms are very, very quiet I was in there last May and it seemed sad. Roy has gone I think now but Bob is still there in a managerial capacity somwhere.

Cheers taz.

Ps Sticky unloaders don't mention sticky unloaders.

Just curious about J&E Halls Comps.
    Would we know them by another name on this side of the Pond? Are they made in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by NH3LVR View Post
    Just curious about J&E Halls Comps.
    Would we know them by another name on this side of the Pond? Are they made in the UK
    Probably not it's a British thing. Although they were once called APV, APV Baker and Halls thermotank, now back to their old name J E Hall.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes: