jamaladwani Guest

Question super heat effect

superheat inreases the specific volume of the suction vapor reducing the total weight and increases the enthalpy of circulatd refrigerant for a given displacement,my idea that every increases in the refrigerant volume leads to disprove the compressor volumetric efficiency,but I have discovered that the case with refrigeran 12 the reverse is true . any opinions?

Re: super heat effect

Also a good day to you and welcome.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

'' superheat inreases the specific volume of the suction vapor reducing the total weight and increases the enthalpy of circulatd refrigerant for a given displacement,''

Yes, this is the usual behaviour of refrigerants, and fluids as a whole

''but I have discovered that the case with refrigeran 12 the reverse is true . any opinions? ''

R 12 is a very well experienced refrigerant globally, which is now banned in developed countires and being banned in the rest of the world. However, this behaviour of R12 is very unlikely and perhaps our experienced members may correct if I am wrong, but your statement appears wrong when look at it from a fundamental point of view

raja

The compressor circulates so many POUNDS per hour. So increasing the specific volume decreases the pounds per hour.

Refrigeration is all about transfering heat using the latent heat of a refrigerant so better off using the heat transfer in a coil evaporating as much as you can.

A lot more BTU's per pound evaporating something, compared to superheating something.

Superheat is required to ensure you are not slugging a compressor, we need it to make sure there is only vapour going into the compressor.