rbartlett Guest

410a refrigerant burns

guy's

has anyone else noticed that 410a seems to burn far more than any other refrigerant?

almost every time i remove my gauge lead i end up with a burnt finger(s). I know I'm not doing anything different to 22 or 407c etc so it must be the gas...

cheers

richard

Re: 410a refrigerant burns

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett View Post
    guy's

has anyone else noticed that 410a seems to burn far more than any other refrigerant?

almost every time i remove my gauge lead i end up with a burnt finger(s). I know I'm not doing anything different to 22 or 407c etc so it must be the gas...

cheers

richard

I've not had the pleasure of being burnt by it yet
    This may be too simple but do you think it could be because it is so cold compared to R22 at ambient. Its about 20degc lower.

Cheers taz.

or maybe that it is a million psi higher than r22 so you have a million psi more in your guage line!or maybe you didnt follow the instruction that b&q gave you when you bought the unit.sorry i`m having a bad day.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I trust that you are using protective gloves and shut off valves on your gauge lines there Richard
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 21-10-2006 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Spelling, doh!
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    I trust that you are using protective gloves and shut off valves on your gauge lines there Richard
    Valves on 410 gages are good and we all know we should always wear gloves

taz.

Yeah, I had a nasty nip from R410 this Summer. Because of the higher pressure it is more difficult to unscrew my connectors and allows more refrigerant to escape, in this case getting cold enough to freeze the skin even in my gloves, because my gloved are quite short, liquid refrigerant managed to get around my watch strap and make a real mess of my wrist. I have bought a couple of quick connectors for R410 from RPW but they will only connect to 1/4 inch flair hoses
    Karl

i too had a taster,had to remove someone elses gauges without shut off valves, wakes you up a bit.

Get the quick coupler set from SRW, I've had them for 2 years now, never had a cold burn since