Thread: Flashing Light

Garry Wilson Guest

Flashing Light

Hi everyone
    I am new to this so G'DAY.
    I have a problem with my Daikin ftxd71jvea (i think thats the what the installer wrote on the warranty, very rough writing). I have misplaced my booklet and have a green light flashing on the inside unit front panel and the unit will not operate. Can anyone tell me what it means. I have routinely cleaned the filters inside.
    Regards Garry

Re: Flashing Light

Hi Gary

From the code you gave it sounds like the Aus equivalent of the UK FTXS wall mounted fan coil with infra red controller.

To find the fault code you need to press the Mode button and the Temp UP/Down button simutaneously until the display flashes 00. If you don't suceed first time just keep trying (pointing away from the unit) it takes a knack

Now point the controller at the fan coil and press the Mode button Once until the first 0 flashes and changes to a letter. Now use the Temp Up button and press repeatedly, and with each press note the response bleep from the unit. You should get a single bleep for each letter but a double bleep for the first letter of the fault code.

For instance, if the fault is F3, you will get a single bleep for, A, C, etc but 2 bleeps for F. Make a note of this letter.

When you have found the first code letter, press the Mode button again so that the second digit on the display flashes. Now repeat the sequence of pressing the Temp Up button and note the respone from the unit, only this time, you will get 2 bleeps for every number but 3 bleeps for the fault number.

You should now have a fault code, letter first, number second. Post it on here and we can tell you what the fault is.

When you have finished just switch off and on again to get back to a normal display.

G'day chaps.

That model is an R22 inverter probably about 3-5 years old.

You can also access fault codes by holding the timer cancel down until you get 00 and then pushing timer cancel one push at a time until you get code which will be indicated by a long beep.

Lightbulb Re: Flashing Light

Remember Daikin is 5 yrs parts and labour warranty . if under 5yrs get them to send someone to sort it , unless you are qualified to do the repairs - these guys are very helpful just have the actual model and serial number off the side of the unit and call them : TECHNICAL SUPPORT 1300362438 - they will call you back within a short period of time and walk you throught the fault find, so helpful compared to the hundreds of other High wall brands being flogged at the moment

Garry Wilson Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    Pushed the cacel button and it came up with u4. Rang local bloke who installed it and it was a faulty circuirt board. Thack the powers to be that it was still in warranty by 2 months (out of a 5 year warranty) and would have cost in excess of AUD$500 to fix.
    Again thanks for you help.
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Temprite View Post
    G'day chaps.

That model is an R22 inverter probably about 3-5 years old.

You can also access fault codes by holding the timer cancel down until you get 00 and then pushing timer cancel one push at a time until you get code which will be indicated by a long beep.

Garry Wilson Guest

Thank you
    It was a major fault.
    Thanks for your help
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Toolman View Post
    Remember Daikin is 5 yrs parts and labour warranty . if under 5yrs get them to send someone to sort it , unless you are qualified to do the repairs - these guys are very helpful just have the actual model and serial number off the side of the unit and call them : TECHNICAL SUPPORT 1300362438 - they will call you back within a short period of time and walk you throught the fault find, so helpful compared to the hundreds of other High wall brands being flogged at the moment

Garry Wilson Guest

Thanks Frank for your help. It was another version of dakin i have. I had to hold the cancel down and it tuened out to be a faulty board.
    Luck i was still in warranty.
    Thanks for taking your time to try and help
    Regards Garry

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Hi Gary

From the code you gave it sounds like the Aus equivalent of the UK FTXS wall mounted fan coil with infra red controller.

To find the fault code you need to press the Mode button and the Temp UP/Down button simutaneously until the display flashes 00. If you don't suceed first time just keep trying (pointing away from the unit) it takes a knack

Now point the controller at the fan coil and press the Mode button Once until the first 0 flashes and changes to a letter. Now use the Temp Up button and press repeatedly, and with each press note the response bleep from the unit. You should get a single bleep for each letter but a double bleep for the first letter of the fault code.

For instance, if the fault is F3, you will get a single bleep for, A, C, etc but 2 bleeps for F. Make a note of this letter.

When you have found the first code letter, press the Mode button again so that the second digit on the display flashes. Now repeat the sequence of pressing the Temp Up button and note the respone from the unit, only this time, you will get 2 bleeps for every number but 3 bleeps for the fault number.

You should now have a fault code, letter first, number second. Post it on here and we can tell you what the fault is.

When you have finished just switch off and on again to get back to a normal display.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Thanks for the update Garry and we'll glad that it has been resolved.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

andrew_jackson Guest

Hi guys! Sorry to recover this old topic but I have a daikin system with a similar problem...

Does this procedure apply to all Daikin indoor models? I have a FX25...

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

It should do yes.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi all,

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I had this problem today with this unit FTXD71JVEA error codes were 1 long beep on A1 .... 2 beeps on A6 and 2 beeps on A3. I am thinking the indoor pcb or fan motor are gone as the green light just flashes on the front? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers