Cervitor Kitchens Beer Keg Cooler

Aloha,
    I haven't posted in this forum for a couple of years so I am glad to be back. I received an old Cervitor brand beer keg cooler with a tap on the top and it needs a new door seal. I did searches and also went to the Cervitor site and couldn't find any seals there. The model # is BUC23W but I don't know if the U is a U or something else. It's the size of a small refrigerator and I don't think that Co. made the refrig. Does anyone know where I may find this door seal?

Thank you,
    Howard

Re: Cervitor Kitchens Beer Keg Cooler

I don't know about that individual type of fridge but door seal material is easly obtained. All you need to know is the profile of the seal. Does it have a magnet inside?

Dependent on make of fridge the seal may be just pressed into a groove or selftapped to the door. Is the door glass or solid?

Cheers taz.

Re: Cervitor Kitchens Beer Keg Cooler

Aloha Taz24,
    Thanks for the reply and the seal does have a magnet inside. The seal is secured by a white metal flange that goes between the seal and screws into the refrigerator housing (the door is solid}. It is about 1" wide and I cannot measure the height well because it is compressed but it is approx 5/8" +. The overall height is about 23" X 21". I will try and post some pictures. TIA

Mahalo,
    Howard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doogdoog; 14-10-2006 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added information

Re: Cervitor Kitchens Beer Keg Cooler (Need Help)

Aloha,
    I did some searching on the web and came across some sites that sells the magnetic screw on vinyl gasket but what kind of adhesive is used to glue the ends together after the 45 deg corner cut?? TIA

Mahalo,
    Howard

Re: Cervitor Kitchens Beer Keg Cooler (Need Help)

what kind of adhesive is used to glue the ends together after the 45 deg corner cut?? TIA

Mahalo,
    Howard[/quote]

If you buy a length that is long enough all you need to do is.
    Remove the old one trying not to damage it. Measure it against the new one and cut the corners at 45deg but do not cut all the way through to the outside edge. make the last cut on the bottom corner hinge side. Pull the magnet out of the seal from the part nearest the hinge side (this allows the door to close easily). With some off cuts of seal test your glue. Normal super glue should do but check with the seal supplier for the best glue. If you can make a jig from wood then you could try melting to corners together.
    They are melted in manufacturer. Practise first but if you hold the cut ends together, heat up the blade of an old knife in a flame and just quickly drag it through the joint to melt the two pieces together.
    It realy is not as hard as I have made it sound.

One last piece of very important advice.
    Do not use your wifes, gilfriends, mums any partners best knife because they will not be to pleased (personel experience)

Cheers taz

Thumbs up Re: Cervitor Kitchens Beer Keg Cooler

Aloha taz24,
    Thanks for the information and now to order the seal. TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog
    "still shaking from earthquake" LOL