View Poll Results: What anti-virus software do you use?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norton

36 30.51%
  • Zone Alarm

6 5.08%
  • AVG

54 45.76%
  • McAffee

18 15.25%
  • PCcillin

4 3.39%

Hybrid View

Re: Anti virus software

Hi, Slingblade

Quote Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
    Norton is good, coupled with adaware se. Biggest problem i find is that with 180 gig HD the more i download films ect and fill it up the longer the scan takes. nearly 3/4 of an hour last time for norton and my pc is QUICK.
    Try NOD32, it is very fast...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Hi Josip,

I was looking at the NOD32 US website. This looks like a good program. How long have you been using this?

Since you son is an IT person, he may know something we do not.
    Last edited by US Iceman; 13-10-2006 at 02:31 AM. Reason: I can't spell...

Hi, US Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post
    Hi Josip,

I was looking at the NOD32 US website. This looks like a good program. How long have you been using this?

Since you son is an IT person, he may know something we do not.
    We have been using this program for about 4-5 years. There is no special knowledge about
    The main reason is scaning in real time, not use to much system resources and high speed.
    Til today no problem regarding viruses, spyware, adware..I'm very satisfied.

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Hi Josip,

Thanks for the feedback. I have used Norton but became unhappy with some of the problems I have experienced with it.

Currently, I'm using Zone Alarm and it seems to be doing a good job, but it is kind of slow and uses what seems to be too many resources.

This is the reason I asked everyone what they are using. I'm trying to find the different programs that people are using and have good luck with.

Thanks very much to everyone who has replied so far.

Hi I use AVG and now they have bought Edwido which got to rid my computer of a mallicious adware and am very happy with them when you buy Edwido I think you get the full AVG version which is included.

Regards Toosh