bill0577 Guest

neslab chiller water pump problem

hi all gentleman,

I am new user of this forum.i want to discuss about neslab chiller using in wafer production.now my machine problem is chilled water flow rate is can't get standard. my chilled water pump motor is 208~230,3ph,50/60.
    currently running power is 210v,3ph,50hz.pump motor running ampere is normal.i want to make more flow rate how i can do.anyone know about this case pl help me.

Re: neslab chiller water pump problem

Use a frequency converter to 60Hz, you will get 20% more flow rate.

Welcome to the Forum!
    I have had some experience with Neslab Chillers. The smaller baths have a very small centrifugal pump which does not flow a lot. Neslab used to have the manuals on line, although they were hard to find. I have a slow connection at this hotel and was not able to find them. If you contact Thermo Electron they may be able to direct you to the site. I has been over a year since I accesed it. They also had online a publication called the Evaporator which had a lot of information on servicing these units.
    Which model do you have?

Hi,

I'm guessing that as your fluid pump is 3 phase, you must have a Neslab HX chiller....probably a HX300 or above.
    These chillers come with a variety of pump types, depending on the application they were designed for.

What pressure is showing on the fluid pressure gauge?

A CP pump can produce high flow rates, but can only create about 35-40 psi of head pressure, so if you application creates excessive back pressure (>35 psi), the flow through it will be virtually nil.

If you have a TU or PD pump type, check the fluid strainer (either located within the tank, or incorporated in the fluid return line). The strainer can become blocked over time & starve the pump of fluid.

Have you actually measured your flow rate, or are you relying upon the flow rate as stated by the Neslab controller (again, dependant upon which type of unit you have, this may or may not be an option).
    The flow transducer may require re-calibration.

If you need any further help, get me the BOM & S/N of the unit...I will then be able to tell exactly what pump & controller you have.

All the best.

weeksy.

weekstechnic.com

bill0577 Guest

hi all my borther,

thks for all help me.
    but the problem still can't solve.
    i tested with vfd( variable frequency drive) yeah the pump rpm increase but the ampere is too high and O/L trip.if O/L never cut out unit ok ready.so how do u think all my brs?

Of course the OL cuts out: at 60Hz the amps are 20% more than at 50Hz. What is the measured current against the rated motor current?