Thread: design

DOUGLAS Guest

design

Hi im new on the site and would like to know if any one could help me. I have taken on a new poject which requires a system to remove as much humidity as possible.Site specs 1 x 6m x2.4m container uninsulated the container would have a fresh air feed bringing air at a relative humidity of 55% air temp 35 degrees.
    I need to know what would be the best way to acheve this.
    Thanx Doug

Re: design

A DX system with remote condenser, 6000m3/h with 80kW total capacity, 6°C evaporating temperature, 6 rows 1200x1200mm coil would remove approx 60Kg/h of water from 35°C 50% (dewpoint of 26°C) down to a leaving air temperature of 12°C saturated (40kW sensible, 40kW latent).
    Is it enough?

Some questions NoNickName,

Why such a big capaicty for this small space?

Why not evaporating at 1°C, the lower you go, teh more you condens the water on the coil, the faster it will go. For wood dryers we allways worked at 1°C.

What with the latent heat and the 80 kW capacity if the room becomes dryer and dryer? Evaporating pressure will drop fast.

Why a remote condenser and not reheat it? The room will drastically becomes cold and we don't know if that's allowed? What if it becoms to cold with evaporating pressure and drying rate over the coil?

I should propose for this problem a decissant dehumidifier like a Munters or a DST one.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

The question was: what is the best way to remove humidity? I selected the more efficient condensing unit (having a high evaporation temperature), that will not require defrost.
    You are right in what you say. The room will soon reach 12°C, but there was no mention about minimum air temperature inside, and also the poster said the container is not insulated: 12m2 of steel plate under the south african sun can easily get hot.
    It all depends on the application, it was mentioned the container will have all fresh air, so I designed a coil who will treat a high amount of fresh air at 150 volumes/hour.
    Last edited by NoNickName; 04-10-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Douglas, what products are store inside the container?
    What's the flowrate of the fresh air?
    Is fresh air supply necesaary?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

lower evap temp is help to dehumidifying positively,but what the most efficient evap temp? e.g ,to use 1kwh electricity,how to remove max water?

regards
    LC
    I hear...I forget;I see...I remember;I do...I understand

We made in the past several dehumifiers (wood drying) and they all ran justabove freezing temperature of water (regulated with an evaporating pressure regulator), mostly you strat with high humidity, so high latent heat, so high load to the compressor.

As humidity slowly decreases, also the load decreases but compressor still pumps the same.