Thread: Frostycold

Cool Frostycold

Hi People I wish to apologise to you all for closeing this post. I did'nt mean to. It happened by mistake. Hopefully I've managed to open it. Keep on chillin.
    Best of luck
    Frostycold

Hi People
    I'm logged on as Frostycold. I've been a "Fridgie" for over 20 years. However I've been out of the game for the last 7 years doing the single parent bit. My son's mother shot off so I was on my own with him. He's 15 now so he's agreed that I can go back to work. I've got a job as a Fridgie & for the last 4 months I've been fixing Coldstores,Wagons, Icecream vans Vehicle Air Con etc. I'm a bit slower than the other lads but the boss has me covering out of hours callouts & I get sent to anything that comes in. I have'nt lost my touch but as I said I,m a little slower than the others. I get paid less than the others which is fair enough. The last time I worked on Transport Refrigeration I was with the UN in Central Bosnia in 1995. The question I have is this. Is it common practice for employers to arbitrarily trim one's hours & pay what they feel like paying or am I being screwed here. I think that there is something rotten in Denmark & I'm open to better offers. Like I said I'm a little slow but I'll take the Pepsi challenge with anyone.

Frostycold
    Last edited by Frostycold; 05-10-2006 at 11:42 AM. Reason: I wish to open this to all

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Frostycold

Welcome Frosty, pesonally I think that you are being screwed.

Everybody has certain right under employment law and the employers know that.

If you have any queries then use the web and do some searching on your particular problem, it's amazing what you will find to back your cause.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Abracdabra, Chillin knows
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Everybody has certain right under employment law and the employers know that.
    Its really comforting living in your part of the world.

In our place, its kind of hard to demand that right.

Maybe, that's the reason we need to just train a fresh technical school graduate and be prepared when he leaves in few years.

So we again train new guys and again they leave for greener pasture. . .

Until we also get the idea to leave and go abroad and hope to be back in our part of the tropics when we will be old enough to stop working.