Thread: Scrolls

Scrolls

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

LRAC is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: Scrolls

Hey guy's

remember when removing scroll compressors to cut the pipework and not un-braze them, you get a massive flame thrower on the discharge side which 1 of our blokes discovered after not reading the instructions on the side of the compressor,hence to say he S*** himself.

regards
    LRAC

Sympathize with this guy! Sometimes, inattention will lead to big mistake. BTW, What's the different things between the Scroll condensing units and the Hermetical Reciprocating uints? I have no idea about the scrolls, may the oil circular?

Quote Originally Posted by ernestlin View Post
    Sympathize with this guy! Sometimes, inattention will lead to big mistake. BTW, What's the different things between the Scroll condensing units and the Hermetical Reciprocating uints? I have no idea about the scrolls, may the oil circular?
    On Scroll Compressors there are two, spiral-shaped members fit together, forming crescent shaped gas pockets. One member remains stationary, while the second orbits relative to the first. As the spiral movement continues, gas is drawn in and forced toward the center of the scroll form, creating increasingly higher gas pressures and discharging the gas from the port of the fixed scroll member.

Quote Originally Posted by LRAC View Post
    Hey guy's

remember when removing scroll compressors to cut the pipework and not un-braze them, you get a massive flame thrower on the discharge side which 1 of our blokes discovered after not reading the instructions on the side of the compressor,hence to say he S*** himself.

regards
    LRAC
    You may unbraze the sytem provided all of the pressure is removed

and not to forget scrolls hate the "pump" test, eg. lets see if she`ll suck 30" ,LOL.

Ive tried to insert a file that was developed by Copeland / Emmerson that demonstated how the scroll work and how they are built. I have attached them but they do not seem to have been sent correctly.
    They are very good and demonstate the scrol well.
    How do you attach graffics?

Cheers taz.
    Last edited by taz24; 13-10-2006 at 06:28 PM.

The file I wanted to send are 3 and 4 meg in size and I think that there is a limit to the size of the file that can be sent.

Cheers taz.

Why you dont try with www.megaupload.com so that we all can read it?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    On Scroll Compressors there are two, spiral-shaped members fit together, forming crescent shaped gas pockets. One member remains stationary, while the second orbits relative to the first. As the spiral movement continues, gas is drawn in and forced toward the center of the scroll form, creating increasingly higher gas pressures and discharging the gas from the port of the fixed scroll member.
    Hi, saint. Tks for your explanation, but I wanna know something about the design of the units, not the compressor, and I know the work theory of scrolls. :> So, could you tell me some design differences between those two type units? Such as the design of the oil separator or others.