Plural of forum is fora

It comes from latin, that's why the plural is irregular.
    So it should be noted that the forum bar shall read "mark fora read" and "Refrigeration-engineer fora" and "do you have suggestion for the RE fora?"

Re: Plural of forum is fora

whatsa matter fora you?

All kidding aside, perhaps when latin words are adopted into English, they do not follow proper latin spelling.

English nouns are also much more androgenous, not so gender orientated like in some romance languages. A ship is still a she though.

Then you have the American version of the language. They get a little lazy and don't like the letter "u" so much

Did you come across a funny ad with the italian guy gone to Malta?
    He was at the restaurant, and a spoon and a knife were on the table, but no fork. So he called the waiter: "I wanna fokk". And the water "Everybody wants to f..k".
    And then he had one piece of bread, but he wanted two pieces. So he called the waiter once again: "I want to piss". "Go to the toilet". "You don't understand, I want to piss on tha table". "You're not going to piss on the table, you son of a b...h".
    He then went to the hotel room. He found the cushion, the lining, but no sheets. So he phoned the reception: "I wanna ****". "Go to the toilet". You don't understand, I wanna **** on tha bed". "You're not going to **** on the bed, you son of a b...h".

And so on...

Never saw that one I am sure it was hilarious.

Used to be a radio comedy routine when I was in Canada, "Sergio the Pastry Chef", ice, eyes, etc sounded like a$$

Cake sounded like c0ck

Poor Sergio was getting slapped by women and beat up by men all the time.