Angry McQUAY CHILLERS...

hi there folks, was just lookin for some feedback on Mcquay chillers.. recently had call to a site to investigate unit complete shutdown, found that unit had gone over the compressor run hours.. called Mcquay for passwords and basically got fobbed off and they suggested sending one of their engineers to repair the problem for an extortionate fee.. they refused to give me the passwords so i just sat infront of the caravel control panel and started at 0001.. found the password to be 0018 to get into settings and managed to reset the run hours.. was just wandering if anyone else has experienced the not so helpfull "helpline" at mcquay?

Re: McQUAY CHILLERS...

1234 normally is a passpartout

mquay? Urgh!!!!

Try these:

0003 maintenance (qualified operator)
    0018 assistance ( service)
    1234 Manufacturer (factory )

If the running threshold is exceeded and the chiller is in Alarm mode I alway use 1234.

regards bobjob

Rangerdoc Guest

I may be able to help. What is the model number of the chiller?

As mcCrap chillers (screws anyway) have a **** reputation all work is kept in house so the bad news doesn't spread around the industry TOO quickly!!!!!!!

As mcCrap chillers (screws anyway) have a **** reputation all work is kept in house so the bad news doesn't spread around the industry TOO quickly!!!!!!!
    OK, Now it all starts to make sense!

The only thing I find good about the screw chillers is the framework! They hold the paint very well, better than most, anyway!

l have had the same prob with mcquay not very helpful tech line but l did get the pass code 0018 out of them. we even got a friend who works for j & e hall to phone who mcquqy own and they wouln't help them so outsiders have no chance!!!

now that Mcquay have been bought by Daikin MAYBE the back-up will improve, however the product will still be woeful. Did you ever get it to run right?? If and when you ever get it back on line it will run forever and a day if you never let it offload, they only seem to work if they are totally undersized, but this doesn't help during cool ambient periods as they tend to hunt and subsequently sh** themselves

ive had bad experiance also with mcquay. they will not give you any help at all.
    i have been working a lot of them recently at a local hospital.

Usual crap, I work for halls and we lost a contract because they wouldn't give me a code for the unit. They are gonna improve now though new compressor designs by halls. The frame 2 compressor was an abortion, I once replaced 1 spent hours pumping out company in to lifit it off the 20 floor building put the new one on, ran 10 mins and seized up!!!!

danny c Guest

Has any body got the passwords for a mcquay ALSD 178.2 chiller. It has the Carel PCOB controller. I have changed the pcb & eprom, however, this circuit is no longer registered on the system. Do I need to assign an address to this knew board?
    Mcquay are useless!!!!!

Regards,

Danny

Yes. Set board to address n.1 with the dipswitches of the address card, connect it to display (which shall have address n.5 as far as I remember).
    Connect them to pwoer supply and between them with the supplied telephone cord.
    When ON, press up, down and enter at the same time for 5 seconds.
    Terminal display set up will appear. Follow instructions on screen.

NOTE: addresses are in base-2, so address 1 is actually 10000000, 5 is actually 10100000

danny c Guest

Thanks for that-It's registered the board!!!!

I gather i need to programme the board now-as the sensors are not registering. I have tried the 1234 manufacturers code, but am unable to agin access. Is there another code you know of? I've tried 0003,0018,& 0033 also.

That's trickier. In a custom software, the password is probably custom.
    I would try 4321 and 0001. Oh, don't forget to add it to my reputation! :-)

the maintence alarm is a classic mcquay **** up which is making them very rich. the controller is set up for both water and air cooled system and you change this in the manufactoreys mask but both have the maintence and evaporator pump timers which shut the unit down untill its reset you can however up the timers to 990000 hrs and stop it happening for the next 4 years or so but you can not turn it off. cheakey or what

headgear Guest

Hi, new to the board I run one of GSK's refrigeration dept, my problem is I've got some of the McQuay centrifs and frame fours ( I used to work for McQuay years ago) and the controller is one of the 15 button keyboards that are oem from carel and it keeps asking for the digital password to enable me to access the parameters (these were just coming into service when I left) would any one know which buttons and in which sequence to press to gain access please.

Regards Headgear

I also have the same problem. The controler is standard carel PCO (two in network) with 15 button display, also asking for some kind of digital password for maintenance and manufacturer menu. The user level is 0003 and that works normaly. I have problem with EEV and I need to enter the manufacturer menu.

shouldnt be telling you this but mcquay code digit password is ......

....orange blue print blue.....

then an another code to enter exv reset settings.....

Talking Re: McQUAY CHILLERS...

...re digit password,,i havent tried the suggested password but a friend who did told me that it had been suggested to him and when he entered it the display showed an error code and eventually mcquays had to be called to rectify the error message

anyone know if its possible to erase or edit posts on this site,not that i need too , i aint done anything wrong

ok hands up,i havent got a friend who got an error code,i work for mcquay and quickly realised that i may have told several thousend people a very hard to find it (would seem)) digit code and i seem to remember signing the official secrets act when i took the job , so use the code but dont tell where u got it !!!

The code is not right, at least not for my McQuay chiller. It's orange, blue, print, blue, arrow down or something like this... but it's not the one you wrote... i wrote it somewhere so I don't forget, but I don't know where I wrote it

I wish that I had read to the end of the thread, before i entered this stuff in my palm.

This thread perfectly displays the kind of service and technical assistance you can always expect to receive from McQuay. I should have guessed it was posted by an employee of McQuay.

I have run into them and their agency in Canada HTS engineering. They offered me a job way back about 15 years ago: as automation engineer. one of those offers where they want you to work 16 hours a day, for 4 hours wages. In every way that I can see, they are about putting someone elses money into their pocket, while delivering as little as possible.

1702 is amaster password 4 microtech 2 controllers it looks like mcquay treat people from all over the world with distain

Talking Re: McQUAY CHILLERS...

this threads prob long dead but just to have a final word mcquay... dave .......may treat everyone with disdain but i dont (only antipodeans) and i aint representing mcquay providing tech surport when i'm at home with me slippers on,i'm usually pissed writing jibberish to anyone that can read If you think u dont get tech surport from daikin mcquay wat about me. I work for them and even i dont get it!!
    happy new year (sorry bout your palm thingy,that must have been awfull .)

McQuay Centrifugal chiller WSC126 Password Operator- 100 Manager - 2001. But i don't know Technician password May be it is 8 or 10 digits Any body can help me/??

allchlrstech Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nuwanchamara View Post
    McQuay Centrifugal chiller WSC126 Password Operator- 100 Manager - 2001. But i don't know Technician password May be it is 8 or 10 digits Any body can help me/??
    Mcquay without the y

Everything is a piece of **** when you don't understand it or know how it works regardless of what sticker is on it. Stop whingeing, spend some money to help yourselves and go and do some factory training courses, then you'll get the info, passwords etc that you need. your education is in your own hands. if I was the owner of a very expensive chiller I wouldn't want some unqualified, untrained mechanic fiddling with setpoints he doesn't know anything about. Thats why there are different level passwords. The days of 3rd party chiller servicing companys are over. Get used to it, its a fact of life and its not going to get any easier in the future regardless of who the manufacturer is.

royalchiller Guest

Lol, I really couldn't agree more with the previous post. Mcquay's products get a bad name due to lack of knowledge. If those of you that hate mcquay products, could understand them, you may find they are more logical and user friendly than other manufacturers. Good luck

royalchiller Guest

Nice turbocor pic by the way.

AV235 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdoc View Post
    I may be able to help. What is the model number of the chiller?

Dear Sirs,

Where can I buy spare parts for McQuay ALS Chillers 221.3 and 103.2?

Waiting forward to hearing from you soon,
    Best regards,
    Bikov Alexander

TSSC Ltd.

Technical Service and Supply Company
    Azerbaijan/Baku

M.Qasqay 24 Str. App. 80
    Gsm: +994502330035
    Tel/Fax: +994125674134
    E-mail: alexander@tssc.az

AV235 Guest

Dear Sirs,

Where can I buy spare parts for McQuay ALS Chillers 221.3 and 103.2?

Waiting forward to hearing from you soon,
    Best regards,
    Bikov Alexander

TSSC Ltd.

Technical Service and Supply Company
    Azerbaijan/Baku

M.Qasqay 24 Str. App. 80
    Gsm: +994502330035
    Tel/Fax: +994125674134
    E-mail: alexander@tssc.az

royalchiller and mqfsoz i wonder who you work for mmmmm with your arrogant and condesendig posts if the quality control was decent and you didnt have to consult wikileaks for information on mcquay chillers i could understand what your on about

Quote Originally Posted by MQFS OZ View Post
    Everything is a piece of **** when you don't understand it or know how it works regardless of what sticker is on it. Stop whingeing, spend some money to help yourselves and go and do some factory training courses, then you'll get the info, passwords etc that you need. your education is in your own hands. if I was the owner of a very expensive chiller I wouldn't want some unqualified, untrained mechanic fiddling with setpoints he doesn't know anything about. Thats why there are different level passwords. The days of 3rd party chiller servicing companys are over. Get used to it, its a fact of life and its not going to get any easier in the future regardless of who the manufacturer is.
    Hey there,

I've been banging on about manufacture training to my company directors for the past two years!.

What can you recommend that mcquay in the u.k offer?.

On a separate note, I was working on two 1mw ALS chillers last year replacing all the PRV's. Simple enough job you might think but no!.

As the new regs state the prv release pressure is now 27.6bar. I contacted mcquay and explained why I needed access to the control panel because I needed to reduce the HP cutout. This was still set at the factory setpoint at the time.

This is the response I got, I'll never forget it!.

"sorry we don't look after it so we can't help you"

Nothing else just short and blunt. In the end thankfully a mcquay engineer was on another one of our sites in central London who was more than helpfull.

The password ended up as pressing enter four times!, I was kicking myself after but hey ho.

My response to you is, it's not the lack of understanding as the majority of people do actually know what they are doing it's the way we are spoken too and treated by the office staff we ask for help.

Regards

Matt

well said Matt P, we need to not be in the OEM's pockets, and its not the end of 3rd party maintenance companys.....i see it they do a much better job for the price. Considering there generaly ex fat cats engineers anyway

peteh Guest

Hi mate,general passwords for these are,0003,0018,0033,if you use them too often it will scroll between the three of them,best of luck.

Haluk Guest

I've tried 0003,0018,& 0033 also and EXV pass is 0047

Hello Forum

I have a B9 peobe fault on an ALS with the PCo 2 controller.

Can anyone advise

Knew it last year and lost dairy and have no book.

Regards
    AWW
    Last edited by alan wolf; 24-10-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Anyone know the tech password 5 digit. and the 10 digit master and superuser aslo a 10 digit one for the mirotech controller with the display built onto the interface ?

49ershvac Guest

Quote Originally Posted by royalchiller View Post
    Lol, I really couldn't agree more with the previous post. Mcquay's products get a bad name due to lack of knowledge. If those of you that hate mcquay products, could understand them, you may find they are more logical and user friendly than other manufacturers. Good luck

but I would like to say ...they are very good chiller, et the training that you need...dont freelance can't cost you more money

hi

Any one can help us here about the procedure how to pull out the Mcquay centrifugal compressor impeller....please

Any one having the Mcquay centrifugal compressor CE100 shaft and bearing dia and clearance details please share with me

thanks