Pin certain topics

Having just read through some of the refrigeration topics, I can quite easily see a problem which is going to keep occuring for aslong as lots of people are having the confusion over R22 and it being slowely fazed out.

What I'm saying is new people like myself are going to join the forum and ask the same question because they lack the forum etiquette of reading past topics or searching for the information that might have already been posted.

So pinning the R22 topic or someone on RE staff should post a thorough explaination and pin it.

Feel free to comment what Ive said. I know im only a noob myself but Ive been around forums for many years and I know It does start to become a chore to explain the same things over and over again.

A/C Student (btw I regret using this name now lol Should have gone with Dom)

Re: Pin certain topics

What do you mean with 'pin'?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    What do you mean with 'pin'?
    He means make the thread "sticky". Making a thread "sticky" will mean the thread will always remain at the top of the section in which it's placed.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Quote Originally Posted by chillin out View Post
    He means make the thread "sticky". Making a thread "sticky" will mean the thread will always remain at the top of the section in which it's placed.

Chillin

Sorry for any confusion.

I'm an IPB user normaly not VB lol

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Partly agree with what you are suggesting however, people working in this trade, be it AC or fridge, should be well aware of the protocols regarding the usage of controlled substances.

Whilst I could not necessarily quote chapter and verse on the subject I know where I can get the answers.

Firstly my manager should be able to supply the information.

Secondly I can look it up myself.

Thirdly I can come to forum such as this and ask a question or two.

I don't feel that this forum, or any other for that matter, has a requirement to maintain an up to date legal section. Government websites already provide that service and the onus on a forum such as this would be too high to provide the same, updated, information.

I should add, I suppose, that these are my thoughts and not those of the forum or all moderators; I have put the flameproof suit on and am seated and ready
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 09-09-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Partly agree with what you are suggesting however, people working in this trade, be it AC or fridge, should be well aware of the protocols regarding the usage of controlled substances.

Whilst I could not necessarily quote chapter and verse on the subject I know where I can get the answers.

Firstly my manager should be able to supply the information.

Secondly I can look it up myself.

Thirdly I can come to forum such as this and ask a question or two.

I don't feel that this forum, or any other for that matter, has a requirement to maintain an up to date legal section. Government websites already provide that service and the onus on a forum such as this would be too high to provide the same, updated, information.

I should add, I suppose, that these are my thoughts and not those of the forum or all moderators; I have put the flamproof suit on and am seated and ready
    Hi
    refrigerant control legislation vary from country to country.
    We have a worldwide forum so we can't be specific

Sweden would have different controls to India.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes: